Is this fella gonna live?

zanemoseley

Ok I'm done with the ioidine dip and I'm almost 2 days into its approximate 5 day QT from the main tank, all red bugs are gone off the coral. I've now rigged it so that its only about 3 inches from 2x55w PC's, one 10k and one actinic03 so its at least got some decent light. Do you guys think this fella's gonna last another couple days.

viper_930

I think that should be under mh lighting, because it is an sps, right? If that's the case, it might live for the next couple days, but the inadequate lighting would soon kill.

squidd

2 X 55 PCs on a 75 gallon tank...? :thinking:
More Light...More Light...:yes:
Or is this on something different...? I ran 2 X 65 PCs o a 20 gallon and that was about enough for "softies" and a few LPS but I wouldn't have tried SPS under that...:nope:

zanemoseley

magic_carp is right, its in a 10gal Quarantine tank by itself for 5 days till the red bugs die off in the 75. The strong iodine dip IMO took the biggest toll on the coral, now I'm just wondering if it will recuperate ok. After 5 days the red bugs will be dead in the main tank and I will put it back in with the MH's.