is this ick?

clownman

In my 37 Gallon, I have a True Percula Clown. I just added him there recently (3-4) days.
Yesterday, I notice a white spot (its more like a white tiny object stuck on him). Sort of like tiny wooden chip in our hand when it brush against a broken wood. :eek:
Since I added him to the Tank, I never noticed him eating at all. he also goes in the top right corner and goes on his side often. Also, act very crazy. But I have not noticed any heavy breathing. But 50% of the time, he's just browsing around like nothing happened.
He goes crazy if I turn on all the powerhead. Want to jump out. I figured, it was making him nervous, so turned one side off and he's ok with that.
My Salinity was little high (1.030 for few hours). Somebody put lotion on their hand and touched the water. So, I had to dump those and regenerate RO/DI water. Thus, Salinuty stayed like that for few hours. My Long Tenticle Anemone, Crabs had no problems.
Anyway, I took it down to 1.024 and that's where it stands.
Nitrite 0
Amonia 0 (just had it at a tiny ..and I did a 5% water change and everything is good)
Temp 75-78
Nitrate 10 (Pre-water change) and pH 8.2
Only fish in that tank is him (I have live sand 46lbs, liverock 40lbs 5 crabs (hermit)
Thanks for any input

beth

Administrator
Staff member
This may simply be a fluke worm. Clowns frequently sleep or hang out in werid positions and places. This, in and of itself is not of concern. Feed the fish garlic soaked food and keep an eye out for developments.

massive attack

I wouldn't be overly concerned about 1 white speck (if it's just ick). 2 months ago I bought a Flame Angel, and he was fine for the first couple of days. The third morning I woke up and it looked like someone had rolled him in salt (covered with ick). Instead of panicking I left him alone for a couple of days as the rest of my fish were happy and healthy. Over those few days I kept an eye of him. The cleaner shrimp and my six-line wrasse both went to town on the ick and within a week he was fine. It's rough few days, but hold on and see what develops. Good luck! :D

clownman

Latest News:
He's doing fine. White thing still there
but barely visible. Just to be safe, I'm not adding anymore fish for at least 21 days :)) I'm just happy watching other creatures...crab, snail and so on...
Clown is eating, but not gorging on the food. I have been trying flakes and krill/brine shrimp mix cube (although he takes bite or two, cube sink after his three bite) :(
Have not thought about garlic thing...I should use regular garlic or any specific kind from the store?
This is the weirdest Clown I have ever seen though. He has various expression... sometime, lies flat on the surface, sometime take a bite of a floating food and then acting as he's very mad...going up and down.... here and there... crazy
He came close to the "Long Tentacle Anemone" two times, but not going in.
He gets very upset when I turn on the powerhead in the corner he's in (even though its not right on him)
:D :D