?Is this ick?

fishies

Hello. I've had this watchman for almost 2 weeks. When I got him, he had no colour. He is now beginning to get his yellow back. He has these spots, that are somewhat 'egg' like. They do seem less extreme, but I would like to know what they are. After several attempts, this is the best photo. I could get. The spot on his tail is the easiest one to see. The others are, one on his back, and a cluster of 3 behind his side fin. Any help would be great. Thank you :)

fishies

My guess would be ich too. I posted on here to get help on identifying the bumps, because I have not seen ich in this form before(if that's what it is) Instead of saying 'I don't know' or something like that. I get told it's normal colouration with a link to see what a gobie looks like. Please note my avatar, I am aware of what gobies look like. I thought this was supposed to be a help forum, not a state the obvious to make the questioner appear to be foolish.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
fishes, I guess I'm not seeing clearly what you are talking about, because all I am seeing is normal coloration. There are a lot of hobbyists that come here mistaking normal coloration for a disease process, so please forgive me if I made some assumptions.
Ich can certainly appear larger then salt dots and if you are seeing several cysts on the fish, a good assumption would be ich. Do you have a QT? Can you perform hyposalinity on the fish? How is the fish eating, notice any scratching? Heavy breathing? Discoloration or fading? Swollen gills?