is this legal?

skirrby

ok well i got a call from my mom a few min ago. asking if i ever payed my march truck payment... i told her no i didnt, becuase i traded the truck in before the payment was due.
she told me she got a call from the chrysler financial who financed the truck. and they were informing her that we were 20 days late on the payment, and if it reaches 30 days they will put it on our credit.
we informed them that we traded the truck in on march 15th and that it should of been payed off by the dealership (yes the same dealership who has already giving me all the other trouble).
the financial company informed my mom, that nobody has called from them, or contacted them in any way to let them know the truck was traded in, and the truck was yet to be payed off.
and heres the part that im wondering if its legal about.. the truck has been for sale on thier lot since the day after i traded it in. in fact, heres a link to it for sale on the website
http://inventory.autotrader.com/inve...searchType=all
can a dealership legaly sell the car without paying off the loan first. it was part of thier agreement to pay off the truck. chrysler financail said as far as they are concerned I still own the truck. which i shouldnt. but are they selling "my" truck,, or "thier" truck, which they havent payed for.
the dealership has recieved and cashed the check from the other financial compay for the car i bought.

bergamer

I would assume when you traded in the truck that you signed documents releasing any and all liabilities relating to the use and ownership of the truck. Tell the financial dept that you have no liability and fax them the copy of all your records.
I bet you learned a lesson!
THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE!
you can also be nasty-
although it would mess up your credit until you can straighten everything out, I would let them reposses the car from the dealership.
BUT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, READ YOUR SALES AGREEMENT!!!
for all you know they might have stuck that in the agreement-
(although it would probably not be enforceable in court) but that might not stop them from trying.
THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE!!!