Is This Normal Behavior???

elite

i have a 110g
i also have a peppermint shrimp and a domino damsel
the shrimp stays in the same cave all day and all nite and the cave faces the front of the tank so its a bonus!
Recently my black domino damsel has become best friends
my domino will swim right up to the shrimp's antenas and and just rest his whole body on the shrimp and the shrimp will sit there and totally feel up the domino with his whole body and antenas and feet/arms lol its like he is cleaning the damsel lol and both enjoy it or at least it looks like it the domino even lifts up his own gils and lets some of the shrimps antenas actually go into his gils i love watching this but never though these 2 would be good buddies....
is this normal?

james2042

Originally Posted by Elite
http:///forum/post/2929038
i have a 110g
the shrimp stays in the same cave all day and all nite and the cave faces the front of the tank so its a bonus!
my domino will swim right up to the shrimp's antenas and and just rest his whole body on the shrimp and the shrimp will sit there and totally feel up the domino with his whole body and antenas and feet/arms lol its like he is cleaning the damsel lol and both enjoy it or at least it looks like it the domino even lifts up his own gils and lets some of the shrimps antenas actually go into his gils i love watching this but never though these 2 would be good buddies....
is this normal?
Probably normal i have a bicolor angel that lays down and lets my emerald crab clean him

marcb

Originally Posted by Elite
http:///forum/post/2929038
i have a 110g
is this normal?
Sounds like cleaning behavior. Just in case, check your fish carefully, if they just started this behavior, they may have something going on.

elite

this has been happening 2 hours after i added the shrimp..... its been 2 months now and still for hours on end the domino and peppermint are feeling each other up lol