Is this normal coral beauty behavior?

kilofey

The other day, I did a freshwater dip on my red velvet fairy because every new fish gets a little ich when they go into my dt, but it usually goes away. He didnt take the dip very well, he was rigid and not moving or breathing but he was behind my rock work. I could see him but not get him....
...anyway, my coral beauty angelfish kept swimming over to the r.v.fairy and he kept turning around and flicking his tail at him. I saw him do it at least 4 or 5 times before it was time for bed. It looked like he was trying to help him by swishing some water in his gills or something.
Guess his name: Tim Tebow really does suit him :laughing: I swear I saw him pray for the fairy lol (we originally named him tim tebow because hes broncos colors and because hes an "angel" fish, not because we like the team or anything, cause we dont)
The red velvet fairy got a new name. We changed his name from "archie" to "frankenstein" because hes aliiivvvveeee!! Lol, the next day, frankenstein was swimming around playing and eating just as vigerously as ever. He still has a little ich, but hes still doing well. New fish almost always get ich in my tank and almost always fight it off. I just stick with the dureable species who are more likely to be able to fight it off with low stress and a good diet
Anyone know of a reef safe ich treatment?

kilofey

"Anyone know of a reef safe ich treatment?" None that works.
Dang! Do u run carbon in ur tank? That could b why, just a thought.... I didnt think there was any tgat really worked, but maybe itll keep it to a minimum?