Is this normal for "NEW" MH bulb?

keonia

I bought a new 175 MH bulb, when I took it out of the packing container, it looked a little smoke like color on the bottom of bulb next to mogul base. Is this normal or does this indicate the bulb was used?
I hooked it up and it works fine!
Does anyone know if this is normal for a bulb?
It was an Ushio brand lamp that I purchased.

thegrog

Mine look the same way when I got them. Probably a normal part of the process of putting them together.

keonia

THanks!!!
I got both item from 2 different people from that 4 letter E site.
Can you believe it, I lost the lamp d/t someone outbidding me by 1.00 (bid was 53.05).
I emailed the seller and asked if he had another one and guess wwhat???????????
He said yes and sold it to me!!! How awesome!!! THis lamp is a steal, name brand and in good condition (based on the grog and carshark!)
Thanks !
It never hurts to ask!! :jumping:

carshark

Originally Posted by keonia
THanks!!!It never hurts to ask!! :jumping:
never does, you will never get anything you want if you dont ask

escape2thewater

Originally Posted by keonia
I bought a new 175 MH bulb, when I took it out of the packing container, it looked a little smoke like color on the bottom of bulb next to mogul base. Is this normal or does this indicate the bulb was used?
I hooked it up and it works fine!
Does anyone know if this is normal for a bulb?
It was an Ushio brand lamp that I purchased.

I hate to be the bad guy here but I have a brand new, never been fired, Ushio 175w MH bulb that has no such markings on it. I bought it brand new in the box from a reputable online vendor and never used it. Heres some pics. I ended up upgrading to 250w ballasts so I have no use for this bulb, if anybody wants it, make an offer.

carshark

Originally Posted by escape2thewater
I hate to be the bad guy here but I have a brand new, never been fired, Ushio 175w MH bulb that has no such markings on it. I bought it brand new in the box from a reputable online vendor and never used it. Heres some pics. I ended up upgrading to 250w ballasts so I have no use for this bulb, if anybody wants it, make an offer.

you arent the bearer of bad news, my bulb was fired once before I bought it, i prefer to see those markings, i know it works!

keonia

I contacted the company and they said they fire up all their bulbs to test it to make sure it works. It comes with a 1 year warranty, so I guess I am okay with it.
Escape, sent you paypal