Is this normal?

I have had a LTA for about a week and a half. All has been great. When I put her in the tank, she attatched to the sand and about three days after that she filled out and became a home for my female true percula. Today she was just sort of floating on the bottom. Her tenicles are still full and she appears to be healthy. Is this something that LTAs tend to do? If not what could the problem be? And last one......what is the best way to get them to anchor to the sand, it took me quite a while. Thanks to all.

nycbob

anemones should anchor themselves on a rock within a few days. they do tend to inflate and deflate once every few days too. is ur tank established? make sure there isnt too much flow. do u hv good lights?

skipperdz

LTAs attach wherever they want to. mainly yes in the sand, or near the sand. your perc could be harrassing the LTA and thats why its doin what it is. my maroon picks on my LTA some times and he closes right up.
if its not the perc then its looking for a place. it can take a week or so to attach in a place and stay there for a long time.