Is this ok????

Is it ok to add another type of clown with my tank raised perc? I bought an anemone for it and it wont go near it at all. It is a LTA. At the petstore they had a sadle back clown and it was in the LTA!

plum70rt

there is no garantee that any clown will take to any anemone,
some clowns will pick on other species of clowns, thats my experience anyway, my tank raised percs after 6 months now take to 2 different anemones in my tank, Good luck

P

pa reef pig

Sounds like a possible "Ultimate Fighting Championship-Clownfish Edition". It could go either way I think. Depends on the sizes of the fish and the aggressiveness of them. The Perc may try to defend his "territory".

azonic

They will fight at first, it's unavoidable....after a while they will get along. You will see a lot of torn fins. I have 3 clowns in my 90....they have been added over a month, seperated by roughly a week each..they finally get along....notice the torn up fins.

I know that the maroon clowns can be agressive with other clown but I have not heard of saddle clowns or percs being agressive with other clowns. By the way what size tank do you have?

fshhub

it really is hit and miss, most do not cohabitate well, but some of us(not me) have gotten lucky and found suitable tank mates. But the odds are not in your favor with mixing clowns. And this does not depend on species but the exact fish and enviroment.

Tank size is 46 gal bowfront. I want atleast one more perc, and one saddle back! I guess I will wait and do more research.

jjboods

From what I understand...a group of percs started together as juvenilles will live together. The most dominant will develop into the female, the next most dominant into a male, and the rest will stay asexual. If you really want more than one clown...return the ones you have to the LFS and get 4 juvis and let them grow into the natural pecking order.

jonthefb

give the perc some time. my tank raise perc took a couple of weeks befor eit dove into my bta, just give em some time!
good luck
jon