1 inch per 5 gallon
2 clown = 20
purple tang = 50
mandarin = 10
Am I already at my limit? It feel like no fish in the tank
some ppl said 1 inch per 5 gallon is for reef
fish only I can have 1 inch per every 3 gallon

stacyt

IMO I think you would be fine adding a butterfly, but the problem with adding another fish will probably come from your purple tang. IME they can become aggressive towards new additions. Especially with fish that they relate to as food competitors, as in a butterfly or angel. How big is the purple tang? You may want to add a butterfly that is slightly larger than the tang. Also remeber that butterfly's, and angels really need an established tank to help them settle in.
I would not go with the angel as I think it will get to big in the long run for a tank that size.
Also another option instead of adding a butterfly would be to go with a couple of smaller fish. Maybe a sixline wrasse, bengaii cardinal, or other smaller fish. You could add a couple of smaller fish without any problems, and get a little more variety.

luckyk0505

Thanks for the reply
What would be the good Butterfly?
Since I like yellow coloration
I am thinking about Golden or Long Nose
someone told me copperband will be good but I dont like
Copperband I also Like Black and White Heni
but I really want to have yellow fish

jim672

Heniochus do much better if kept in shoals of three or more. It's recommended that the minimum tank size for them would be 100 gallons.
I've read the other two responses and it appears two people who really know what they're talking about are trying very hard to convince NOT to get a Butterfly fish.
There are other yellow fish. I have a yellow dotyback. Pure yellow, about 3 inches, very pleasesant with his tank-mates. There are yellow chromis. Look around and you'll find lots of them that will get along with your present inhabitants alot better than a butterfly.
Jim

luckyk0505

Ok I currenty have 38 gallon QT tank
which I seted it up about 2 month ago I have
Spotted Cardinal in there for cycle
can I put my purple tang in there for while and put butterfly?
or should I just get Flame Angel or pair of purple fire fish?
because I really want longnose or golden
look at saltfisher's tank which he posted it my tank is just big as
his and my tank is longer and look at fish he has
and he said he is fine with that he has about 3 times more fish
than I have and they are big fishes
and look at blueface's tank
adult blueface(7 years)
blue tang (8 years)
purple tang (6 years)
harlequin tusk(4 years)
orchid dottyback(1 week)
flame hawk(6 years
this is what he have in 55 gallon he had them for longtime
with out any problem

stacyt

I would not add an angel or butterfly personally. Removing the tang would probably be a pain, and stress him out as well. Then you wont have a q-tank to put the butterfly in before adding to your display. Could be looking at trouble there. Of course it's your tank. The flame angel would add alot to the tank. If it where me I would add a flame, 1 purple firefish, and a cardinal. Of course whatever you decide just be sure to add the fish slowly about 1 ever couple of weeks.

blueface

I've had my tank for a very long time and regret adding so many fish. When they were added they were all small, but over the years they have become quite large & crowded in my tank. I have never had a butterfly last more than six months so I gave up on them years ago. I wouldn't buy one unless you see it eating.

superman

It's nice to see someone so conscious of tank size in relation to fish I must say. Even I am guilty of wants out weighing the needs. With my Purple Tang, I added a smaller Koran Angel about 6 months after him and they love each other. With 90 gallons you have more room to work with than me. If there are a lot of hiding places adding another fish shouldn't be a problem. I don't think its a question of room but of the tang...all fish have different personalities and agression levels.