Is this pop eye? you diagnose and offer advice.

robertg

My flame angels eyes appear slightly cloudy.... What should I do?

sorry not sure why the pictures are upside down...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is the eye actually bulged out? It looks like there is a white spot/growth near the eye. Describe the symptoms.

robertg

Thanks beth, but if the eyes are popped out it is only slightly and it does not appear that there is a growth on the eye but more of white cloudyness in the eyes.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
What are the water readings in your tank? Is this a new fish?
Try doing small water changes for 3-4 days, and feeding your fish with food that is soaked in freshly minced garlic. It does sound like the beginnings of an eye infection which may come under control with the steps of I mention. Obviously, you can't put antibiotics in the fish tank, so hopefully these other steps will do the trick.

robertg

I will take these steps beth thanks. Today I got advice from a LFS to do a 3 minute freshwater dip. I did this and small white flakes came off of his eyes and alot came from his Gills. What does this mean exactly? Thanks.

aquaknight

The flakes coming off, and the fish being new, I can definitely say this fish has at least flukes. If you look at the first pics, you can see the fish's dorsal fins are cloudy. Flukes are very common in angels. I treat all my angels for flukes, even if they don't show signs for it.
The treatment meds for flukes is PraziPro. It's claimed to be reefsafe, but I've only used it QT, and nor would I recommend it. You'll need to setup a hospital/quarantine tank. The issue here, is that your other fish, especially that Hippo I see, may be infected as well.