Is this possible??

rberhow

We received our new zebra dwarf lionfish 2 weeks ago and he has not been eating. We have tried ghost shrimp, live guppies, mysis shrimp, krill, soaked in garlic, not soaked in garlic. He is very tiny, about 2 inches. Anyways, I did see him take a little piece of krill so we are making progress. My question is this, I have seen him eat something off the rock as he is perched there and does that swallowing look they do when they eat (or atleast that's what our other one does
) So, I was wondering since he is so tiny and we have a ton of pods in our tank, is it possible that he is actually eating pods. I know even if he is that this won't sustain him and we need to get him to start eating but I was curious if this is even possible. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Rhonda

speg

Of course it's possible. If thats what he is eating or not... thats hard to tell.. but it's very possible.

rberhow

OK, I am beginning to realize that just about anything is possible in this hobby. Thanks for the reassurance Speg

pasafire

Originally Posted by rberhow
We received our new zebra dwarf lionfish 2 weeks ago and he has not been eating. We have tried ghost shrimp, live guppies, mysis shrimp, krill, soaked in garlic, not soaked in garlic. He is very tiny, about 2 inches. Anyways, I did see him take a little piece of krill so we are making progress. My question is this, I have seen him eat something off the rock as he is perched there and does that swallowing look they do when they eat (or atleast that's what our other one does
) So, I was wondering since he is so tiny and we have a ton of pods in our tank, is it possible that he is actually eating pods. I know even if he is that this won't sustain him and we need to get him to start eating but I was curious if this is even possible. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Rhonda

I just got a dwarf fuzzy and have had him a week now, and he just ate the first time yesterday... He ate frozen mysis that I feed my puffer. I was going to go get other things tommorow to try also. It was crazy he ignored them the whole time then last night as I was feeding i walked away and watch him swimming gulping them down... He won't eat while I'm watching though waits til I walk away.... He also picks on rocks like you say yours does but my tank doesn't have pods.... I don't know

xfishf0odx

test your water levels. lions can get a little funny eating some times if any of your levels are off. i had mine refuse to eat for a few days cuz my ph was a little low.

pfitz44

My dwarf is about the same size, and he goes off an on eating. There will be times when i come home from work, and pick up "The Blue Cup of Goodness" (Thats what me and the roommates call it... because the fish get all riled up when they see it... its rather funny) and hes waiting at the top of the tank, and other times, hell sleep right through feeding time. Wouldnt worry to much about it.