Is this Sump Design OK?

ashleigh234

Hi everyone
I have been having problems with microbubbles, and I feel my sump is too small for the tank i have just brought. This has been discussed here https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/368078/air-bubbles-throughout-whole-tank
My tank is 84 gallons and it is 52 x 20 x 19 inches.
We have an overflow and skimmer at the moment. There is only 2 sections in the sump and we are getting bubbles, so i am thinking it is too small, i think it is approx 8 gallon sump?? but it cant be full when running so we are probably only using half of that as if we had a powercut the level of water is as high as it can go.
The sump we have is 20l x 12w x 16h (I think) here is a diagram of how it is set up now, excuse the drawing :)

Now I was wondering if we were to increase it to approx 24l x 14w x 24h would that work? As that is around the most we could fit under the tank as we also have a chiller in there which takes up the other half of the space.

Would that work?
I dont know where the best place to be putting the return from the chiller and the water from the return flow valve, i think there would be too much water flowing into where the skimmer is to put them in there?, but if i put them in the middle with the sand it will make a mess of that area and also create bubbles which i am trying to eliminate.
Any ideas on another way to do this if this isnt good. .. the sump we are using now is the first tank we have had with a sump