Is this tank overpriced?

zanemoseley

Ok a local place wants $295 for a 75gallon glass oceanic with lighthood and $215 for a 58gallon oceanic with light hood. Are these prices good or bad. I'm still trying to find a way to get a 60gallon acrylic but I can only find it on the net but the thing is that its so long that its gotta be shipped by truck which costs $120-$200 which is crazy, I'm gonna try and see if a local petsmart or ***** will have it trucked to their store and I can pick it up there that way I won't have to pay all the shipping. but I may get stuck with getting a glass aquarium.

michaeltx

I got my 100 gallon tank from a LFS for 299$ tank/stand/ glass canopies/ NO light strips.its nature or something like that.
if you can special ordera tank at petsmart but some stores arent allowed to get anything or 75 gallon but for a 75 AGA is 199$ if I remember right but thats tank only.
Mike

infalable

I live in the Chicago area and prices are higher up here. That would be a very good price for up here. There are cheaper, but the quality is not near as good. Good luck.

jag3365

I did a little research online and found someone sellign AGA 125 for $174 in WI. I Know that's far away from you, but it's a GREAT price. I've been doing research in every newspaper within a 100 miles to find a good deal, I will drive the 2 hours to pick up the tank instead of paying the $330 the local ***** has it for. I think you can find deals if you know where to look, I just think that's high. And if you can avoid shipping that's the best, since the bigger the tank the heavier the more in shipping.

tlk

I would find out what the price of the tank is withOUT the hood. Chances are good that you will want better lighting anyway.

D

daniel411

Those are good prices for oceanic's from what I've seen locally at lfs's and *****'s. I was told from several *****'s that they do not do special orders. Fortunately theres several *****'s near me, I just went to about 4 of them in one day offering a lowball price on a 38g tank/stand combo. The fourth one said yes, ironically... it was the closest one to my house. Funny how that works.

michaeltx

huh all of them I ever went into said that they would prder something special i guess it depends on where the stores at and whats close.
Mike

zanemoseley

ya they don't do ordering I called them last night, pisses me off I can't find anywhere to get a acrylic over 50gallons because they are so long it costs $120 just for shipping, they can ship 50 gallon tanks for about $50 using UPS

michaeltx

I worked at the one here and the would order but I also worked there so that might have something to do with it.
tenecor is a acrlyic tank manufacturer I dont know what kind of pricing they have though.
Mike

barrera23

Last week I drove to Los Angeles from My home In Las Vegas (Aka Lost Wages) and bought a 1/2 inch thick 100 Gal glass tank with pine stand (glossy black finish) glass top and light fixtures for $229. Here in Las Vegas A 100gal NEW AND INPROVED DIOMAND EDGE CUT GLASS TANK (B.S. !!!!! IMO) by itself is $549

zanemoseley

tenecor is the one with $120 shipping, another site that sell the seaclear wants $200 for shipping, both want about $270 for the 60ga acrylic itself
Originally posted by MichaelTX
I worked at the one here and the would order but I also worked there so that might have something to do with it.
tenecor is a acrlyic tank manufacturer I dont know what kind of pricing they have though.
Mike

michaeltx

ooch I dont know of any other places that make and sell them, Let me check through some of my links and see what I can find if anything. I have about 200 links so it might take me a little bit.
Mike