Is This The Begining Of The End?

microman2k

well, i bought a blue linkia star with out knowing it would die in my 29 gallon, and didn't know to drip it for 6-8 hours so i only did it for 1-2 and for almost a week it stayed under a rock and only came out barely at night and now i found it in the top corner bowed out with 3 little white bumps i guess on it, is it dying? i have had it 1 week and 1 day, has moved much at all, just from one place on the rock (it only stayed in that one place under the rock) to the glass now, and it just stays in the corner, so is this the begining of the end?

ms. fish

So sorry to say, but I think so. I had one in my 28 gallon reef that the guy at my LFS swore would be fine and it only made it about 2 weeks. I noticed a white spot on him about a week in and it got larger and larger until it opened up and white stringy stuff started coming out.
Someone told me that, like a sponge, they can never touch the air. Not sure if that's true or not, but mine definitely touched the air when I added him to my tank. Sorry :nope: I know how you feel. They're so beautiful...

microman2k

yea, mine touched air briefly too! when i was putting him in the tank he hung on to the side until i knocked him in the water! i hope he lives! i feel so bad!
:nope: :nervous:

jayrascoe

If that's true, then that's the kind of thing LFS should tell you when they sell you the livestock. Mine didn't.
i bought a purple linkia today, and thought i was educated on it before i bought it. Mine probably caught a bit of air too, and it's been wedged up in the top corner of my tank for five hours.
Lesson learned- I'll research any new additions on this forum first.

viper_930

LFS can't tell you everything you need to know when you buy the animal. You should research on what you want in your tank and not just walk by an isle in the LFS and see something really cool out of the corner of your eye or something. If you do, just ask them to hold it for you and come home and research on it. HTH