Is this the proper way to wire my workhorse 5 with my PCs?

barfoot1

Okay, bought a retro kit and im trying to wire it up. It is a work horse 5, 2X55watts with power compacts.
Is my diagram below correct?
Does it matter what red wires get crossed or what outter positions they go to on the PC socket?
If my diagram is not correct, please feel free to correct it for me:D ;) .
Thanks for your help!

barfoot1

Yea, I checked out there site, and the diagram for my ballast is below, but I dont really know how to read it I guess. :(

aarone

hmm actually thats a good question i did not see that in your diagram
the diagram tha tyou show looks like a two pin set up, if there is such a thing. I dont have pc's so i am of no further use to you. I hope someone else will chime in.

marvida

It was the jumper that was throwing me. I've always used endcaps & never had to sort out the pin thing. I do have a German style non water proof end cap wired to a ballast in the bone yard that I can check....It's going to be this PM because I just got to work.
Sorry I didn't think of that before. I'll take some photos tonight.
Ken

justinx

Originally posted by DvSKiN
would the Work Horse Ballast's be able to run VHO's on them as well??? Jut curious, cuz I wanna upgrade my act 03 suppliments to VHO, I like the "blue" spectrum they put out, better than that of the PC's. Thanks a lot guys!! Also, if it does fire VHO's, which one should I get, if I would like to fire 2 3footers?? what about 4 3 footers??? Thanks again!!
DvS

Yes and no . . . . you need the workorse 7. It can run up to 220w of flourescent lighting, however you decide to use it. PC, T5, VHO, NO . . . .
As for the lighting schematic, my suggestion is to call the company. I did, and the guy walked me through the wiring process step by step. Very helpful.
Justin

justinx

Ok . . . try this. Imagine that each of the big red blobs is a wire nut. Basically what you are doing is making each bulb a two pin bulb by wiring each side of the bulbs two pins together into one lead instead of two. from there, the schematic from the company dhould make more sense. If you have any questions let me know.
Justin

barfoot1

Talked to fulham this morning and walked me through wiring it up exactly how you said to. The only reason why their diagrams arent clear is because it looks like the PC bulb only has two pins, when the picture is really just trying to show a bulb with 4 pins, with two pairs tied together. Thanks anyways though.