Is this true?

fishkiller

I've been told that ANY physical contact w/ a brain will hurt it. I have been VERY careful moving mine around, but I touched the soft tissue by accident while I was moving it. Then it touched a piece of lr. Will it be ok? Is this a myth or not? Thanx!

mossad327

Excessive physical contact in one spot might cause a brain to recede. As far as touching it once killing it - that's definitely not true. There' d be no brains left in the ocean.
I know of people's clowns hosting in brains. Sometimes if the brain starts to get agitated, it will recede. Sometimes the brain and the clown live happily together.
It all depends. If you just brushed it for a few seconds, you have nothing to worry about.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by fishkiller
I've been told that ANY physical contact w/ a brain will hurt it. I have been VERY careful moving mine around, but I touched the soft tissue by accident while I was moving it. Then it touched a piece of lr. Will it be ok? Is this a myth or not? Thanx!

Dude my brain is stuck inside a specialized case that prevents me from touching it... of course i killed off many brains cells in college. I'd imagine if you can touch your soft tissue then touch lr .... oh wait - you are talking about your brain coral
and not your own brain. IC.....
OK sorry to be a smart aleck ..... :D :D
I have a candy cane which has similar tissue to a brain ... touch it once or twice and it shrinks -- touch it a lot and it receeds and dies .....
HTH