Is this water ok to use?

greggti

I have been using tap water in my tank, and I am sick of it. So I went to buy some water and found some at WalMart That says sodium free drinking water. On the label it says "Processed By: carbon filtration,reverse osmosis, UV treatment, micron filtration, ozonation.
Is this the stuff I should Buy? :help:

bigarn

RO water is preferred, but if you can't get it distilled water would be the next choice.

greggti

So this wouldn't be considered RO water. Cause it says Reverse Osmosis on the label, just in combination with other methods? :needhelp:

bigarn

Well, I gotta admit it sounds like it should be good to use, but wait for more replies. :thinking:

greggti

Thanks a lot. And its only 56 cents a gallon, and I only have a 26 gallon tank so I don't use a lot.

greggti

Really the main thing I am concerned about is that the label calls it "Drinking Water". So I don't know if maybe there is something added to it for our drinking pleasure that may not be good for my tank

bigarn

You should be able to get plain old distilled water there also. They may even have RO water ... check it out. Better to be safe than sorry.