Issues with replying to threads

btldreef

I think this has been brought up before, this used to only happen to me once in a while, now it's constant.
Every time I go to reply to a thread, once I click submit, it tells me that I must submit something (enter text) before replying, even though the text is in the reply box. I have to copy what I've wrote and then refresh the page. It just gets tiresome and I think others have complained about this problem as well. Is there any fix for it?

meowzer

This happens to me here and there....BUT it won't let me copy the stuff I typed.....it disappears

Someone said something about refreshing your screen...BUT then you lose what you typed anyway

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382525/issues-with-replying-to-threads#post_3338918
This happens to me here and there....BUT it won't let me copy the stuff I typed.....it disappears

Someone said something about refreshing your screen...BUT then you lose what you typed anyway
Copy it before you refresh...then paste after you get the post back up...I'ts a pain but it works. I do it because my posts sometimes just vanish. So I always highlight and hit the copy before submit.

J

jstdv8

Ive only noticed this happening when i post a reply (first reply works fine) and then I reply again without leaving the page. the second one gives me that error message.
Also, Edit seems to not be working at all still.
Everything else on my end seems to be ALOT better. We're getting there.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I have noticed very occasionally, that there is a delay from posting, or editing, that takes effect a bit after the actual post/edit. But this has only happened to me a couple of times. I think I lost the post, but a little while latter....there it is.

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
There are some bugs that are still being worked on in regards to editing...as you all are brutally aware. The issues are primarily in Internet explorer...you might another browser works better for the time being. I'm going to send this thread along to Huddler but they are aware of the issue and are working on it. No, I'm sorry I don't have an ETA but it is a major issue for Huddler.
Thanks
Scott

2quills

What I'm wondering is if this issued ties into why I haven't been able to respond to threads via my droid phone lately. When I first got the phone I could respond without any problems. And then all of a sudden one day it would not allow me. It seems to have started right around the same time everybody else started talking about the posting issue a short time back. I'm just wondering if this has anything to do with it. Would I need to download another browser onto my phone maybe?
BTLDreef, didn't I see you post somewhere that you had a droid phone? Are you still able to make posts with it at all? I know Shawn call still post with his Iphone. Maybe my phone just hates me?

btldreef

I am able to post from my Droid, but it is ridiculously slow and often does not do it for me. In the beginning it was fine, and has progressively getting worse.
As for using different web browsers, I have tried Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and IE and all three are giving me the same inconsistent issues.