It just doesn't fit

total

Anyone ever go the the LFS pick out a beautiful coral take it home and it just doesn't look right in the tank. What would you do about it? Just thought I'd ask.
TTFN

total

No, all my corals I like. Now I only have 6 of them on 90lbs of rock but later on when I start to run out of room for them.
You know this hobby is a lot like gardening
sometimes you buy a plant thinking it's going to be perfect, but when you get it home it just doesn't fit. But I guess you've never done that now have you.
[ April 17, 2001: Message edited by: total ]

Hi total, Ya I orderd some live rock awhile ago and there was to much, tank looked like a pile of rocks. I am saving these extras pieces{ about 75 lbs} for fish only tank this summer, I will just take out a piece of LIVE ROCK from my reef and seed the soon to be deed rock. I have purchased some corals and then get them home and they just dont look right, I gave it a day and did a little switch aroo and made it work, good luck.....fixit :D

C

coralbeauty

I am lucky on two accounts. I have two tanks so I can move things between them, and I have a couple of wonderful LFS I work with. If I buy it fish, rock or coral and it does not work out, I can return it.
I have taken rock back because it was too big. I have purchased coral for one tank and it has ended up in the other.
I recently (and sadly) sold my Naso tang back to the LFS that I purchased him from because he had become too big for my 55 gallon tank.
So I have done this in various forms!
Connie
PS: I can relate to the gardening comment. I feel like this all of the time.

total

Cool. Thanks for the insite. I'll have to talk to my LFS and ask them. I wouldn't see it being a problem concidering I spend a fortune their every week. Thanks again
TTFN