itch?

nemofreak

My hippo has been rubbing himself against the rocks and this morning i noticed a white patch on his face...looks like his color faded but no white dots. is this itch? what do i have to do to get rid of it? he seems ok otherwise

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Nemofreak
http:///forum/post/2524860
My hippo has been rubbing himself against the rocks and this morning i noticed a white patch on his face...looks like his color faded but no white dots. is this itch? what do i have to do to get rid of it? he seems ok otherwise
A white patch is not ich. Is this fish in a quarantine tank or the display? What other fish are in with it? If it is in the display, how long have you had the fish? Can you please post your exact readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, sg, and temp?

submarinelife

I have a perfect running tank but experiencing the same thing lately did you find out what it was? I have a 7in hippo tang

S

saxman

How about posting a pic of the fish? Otherwise, we're guessing.
One thing that comes to mind when you say "white patch on its face" is HLLE, to which regals are very prone, but without seeing it, it's a guess. However, the "flashing" against the tank decor suggests an ectoparasitic infestation.