its a boy

pegasus

Depending on how much anti venom they gave her that is probably a huge chunk of the cost. Most antivenoms cost between $1000 and $10,000 per vial usually multiple vials are used.
Got to look at the good side there was anti venom available and it worked so it sounds like your wife will be ok.
I was told by the attending nurse: Anti-venom = $10,000 per vial. One round of anti-venom = 6 vials. Total cost for one round of anti-venom = $60,000. For a moment, they thought she might need another round. Fortunately, she didn't.

Yes, the good side is that she's okay. She even went to work the day after she got out of the hospital. The end of same finger got mashed in a large, heavy steel door a couple of days later, but fortunately... it was the same finger so it didn't hurt. She missed 4 days of work for a fractured bone. At least that bill was paid through workmen's comp...

pegasus

I'd rather cut my finger off right after it was bitten then have to pay $225,000 out of pocket.
Now that we know how much it costs, that is a viable option. On the other hand (no pun intended)... that is her favorite finger! LOL!!!