It's all got to go quick, chicago area

jester

Time to move on to a bigger time investment. I'm selling everything,
most of which I picked up here over the years. The best thing I ever picked up was from here and not for sale. It's the knowledge and mistakes that I learned from everybody here. I want to say thanks to a few..if they are still around:
Beth, Fhshub, Nolofinwe, and of course broomer5, Jeeze, it's been a few years and I feel bad for not remembering everybody, sorry guys (and gals). I've got my set up posted on eb*y for exposure purposes, but would much rater sell it to somebody here since this is where I started.
I am selling my tank for a much bigger project. (we just found out that there will be another mouth to feed in the family):).
This is a fully established system that has been running for years without a problem. The tank is beautiful, and huge. It includes EVERYthing needed, even the Metal halide lights with recent bulbs. Due to the size and weight, this will be pick up only, and if close, I may be able to assist with the move of it.
I am sure I'll forget to list something, but I'll do my best.
Tank roughly 7'x2'x2'
Stand (made of oak & 4x4's) built-in light & fan switches on right side
Canopy is also oak
light enclosure (3 175 MH and 48 VHO antics)
Ballasts 1 dual 175 and a single 175 MH no VHO ballast as I don't need them
1 cs 120 dual 1" overflow, 1 cs 100 single overflow
27 gallon plexi glass chambered sump
maxi jet pwr heads (2 for the overflows to maintain suction)
berlin turbo skimmer with recent impeller
titanium digital heater (300w I think more than enough)
custom bio-wheel set up for a "just in case" bio load shift
Lights are 10k ushio metal halide (about 6 months old)
really unique return system, no cords or powerheads in the tank itself
about 100 lbs of very nice live rock, 1 24" shelf piece
350 lbs Live Sand
Livestock may or may not go with it; only a clown, Seabee anemone, some hermits, snails and a purple wrasse.
I've got thousands invested, but it has to go
I hope it's ok to post the link, not sure of the current rules.
http://cgi.eb*y.com/Apx-180-gallon-marine-aquirum-sump-skimmer-pumps_W0QQitemZ7722831549QQcategoryZ20755QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

jester

Sorry, but right now it's an all or nothing thing. I suppose that I might part it out in a week or 2 but I'd rather cross that bridge then. Thanks.

devildog01

No offense Jester, but I know that you can get new pre drilled 180 gallons for about 750 tops. I wouldnt pay a dime over 600....but this is Treybomb's tank...it is up to him. But 900 is too much in my opinion.

treybomb

Originally Posted by Jester
Maybe $900 or so.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! d-dog is right... i just went to a site where they have a brand new 180 for 350$

treybomb

Originally Posted by DevilDog01
Where'd ya go T-bomb?
i was watching my tank<<< what a great idea!! lol

devildog01

Originally Posted by treybomb
i was watching my tank<<< what a great idea!! lol

good! Go to your other thread in the aquarium forum.

jester

Your all right. I just have absoultly no time to figure out what parts of it are worth what. That's why I want to sell it all at onece. $1300 is good, considering what it is....I need a doctor or laywer to buy it for their office or something. Not many people can dedicate a 7 foot long tank to a wall in in thier house.

jester

Email me and I'll be more than happy to send more, or go to the auction. I think I put up 4 or 5 there.