its almost time to restart (just like 1yr ago)

stanlalee

for those who remember I started my 6ft 100 gallon the 1rst week of the new year just about a year ago
jan 07'

and by july 07' it was coming together just fine

then by september 07' the bottom fell out literally

so my days and expense of larger tanks are done and I figured I'd take the money from what I salvaged and get back into what I like doing before I let aquarium stuff take over my life, cars (VW's to be specific). well I got as far as suspension and software upgrade then I realized I'm too old (35) and too married with children to do like I used to...
so once Christmas is over once again on the 1rst week of the new year I'll be starting a new tank this time on a smaller scale (again). Yup going to fire up a 30 gallon. The tank itself will be new but I still have the stand, lights, sump, live sand I never sold, pumps, hell I have everything I need to start but liverock , skimmer (still have CL but it wont fit the stand) and overflow box. I've had this dream to restart the 30 gallon anyway even as I took it down and call it "Gobidia". Mini reef with ONLY nano gobies! NOTHING else as far as fish allowed. perhaps 4 or 5 max bouncing around the corals, all uber peaceful species. this time I'm sticking with LPS and zooanthid only. I tried the SPS for the sake of trying it but I just like LPS better. only SPS I may do is monti cap. well enough blah blah I was just stopping by to say hello before I start the start up thread in a few weeks.
and since this is a photography section a few old pics of the old 30 gallon in its hay day (I plan on making this one much nicer which might not be easy):
definately going to get one of these again!

the getto sump will be back in full effect lol. its tacky but it works and is not to be seen.

man I thought this was the pinnacle when I learned what live rock was and started her up for the 1rst time "informed" complete with seaclone AND skilter lol. (tank has been up off and on since the mid 90's).

I'll be back when there is something new to show.
oh yeah this has been up and running since august with nothing but a cleaner shrimp so I never went COMPLETELY tankless

happy holidays!