It's Finally Friday

rberhow

TGIF people!!!! So what are everyone's plans for the weekend? And just a hint to all you men out there so you won't be in trouble next week, this would be a good time to go shopping for V-day.

jmick

Already ordered flowers for my wife and I’m getting her a nice black pearl earring/necklace set.
We are in the process of getting into a bigger home so we will be hitting some open houses in our area and we are meeting with our finance guy. Also, looking at getting my wife a new vehicle, trying to decide if we are going to buy or lease.

teeny

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i really like the new Cadillacs. Just leave it in the drive way with a big red bow and I will act surprised!

socal57che

My wife and I decided to just do cards this year. We are going to have a picnic at the beach. Just us and the waves crashing on the beach.

oh, and I don't work anymore so every day is Saturday!!

ruaround

why is "v-day" so important to females??? you appreciate the one day (amongst others) hallmark, russel stover and 1800flowers made up??? "v-day" is everyday... shouldnt have to be subject to pressure and inflated prices to say " I Love You"... JMO

mimzy

Friday. The 5th day of the work-week. My 5th day at my new job. My feet hurt. My head hurts. My back hurts, and I'm more exhausted than I have ever been in my entire life.
and I'm having the best time EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY NEW JOB ROCKS THE HIZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping:
....so I'll pretty much be sleeping it off all weekend long

And Ruaround is right - V-day is a buncha balogna. ...But it DOES boost the economy....

rberhow

Originally Posted by ruaround
why is "v-day" so important to females??? you appreciate the one day (amongst others) hallmark, russel stover and 1800flowers made up??? "v-day" is everyday... shouldnt have to be subject to pressure and inflated prices to say " I Love You"... JMO
It really isn't that important to me actually. I agree with you RU but it is kind of a nice reminder to take the time to tell that special someone how much they mean to you. Sometimes our lives get so busy, we take each other for granted and if we don't take the time to stop and remind ourselves and each other why we are together, life will continue to spiral away from each other. So, yes, make everyday v-day and you will have a successful relationship.

ruaround

solid rber...
but here is my deal... if by chance a male "forgets" the made up day... then there is hell to pay for the 364 (or 365 on a leap year) days... I'm not saying its a bad thing to do, but isnt there other just as important days through out the year (b-days, anniverseries etc etc)... yes it does boost the economy, but the prices are WAY inflated...
just a little over a month ago a dozen roses (around here) delivered was 24.99 in a nice vase... now good luck finding a dozen not delivered for under $50.00...
so I was a month early... will there be hell to pay cuz I didnt necesarily forget... not tryin to be cheap either (which may be a consensus)... just dont agree with the commercialization...

crimzy

Good points ru. I do think that at some point in a relationship, the $$ spent should not be as important. My wife and I spend a lot of money on gifts, dinners, etc. generally and there is nothing about spending extra money on valentines day that makes it special. After dating, we have realized that carry out and candles can be just as special as dinner and crowds. While dating, though, you have to impress your girl with more material things.
On another note, we had a dr. appt. today for the baby. She is in the 95 percentile for height and 100 percentile for weight (cute and chubby). She has grown 5" in length in two months. WNBA here she comes...

ruaround

congrats jcrimzy!!!
WNBA huh??? what about beach volleyball??? Tennessee has agreat v-ball and b-ball program... do they have a good Law program???

crimzy

Originally Posted by ruaround
congrats jcrimzy!!!
WNBA huh??? what about beach volleyball??? Tennessee has agreat v-ball and b-ball program... do they have a good Law program???
I don't know... maybe she's more suited to football. Take a look...

rberhow

Originally Posted by crimzy
On another note, we had a dr. appt. today for the baby. She is in the 95 percentile for height and 100 percentile for weight (cute and chubby). She has grown 5" in length in two months. WNBA here she comes...

Hey Crimzy-sounds like you have a healthy, happy little girl on your hands. They grow so fast in that first year!!!! I have an 18 month old as my youngest and trust me, value the time that she isn't moving, can't talk, and loves to be held. LOL Hmmm, so are you getting her a baby b-ball set for Valentines Day!!!

rberhow

OMG, that last pic is hilarious. What a cutie and with all that pink, no mistaking she is a girl.
Very sweet little munchkin you have there.

ruaround

Precious and BEAUTIFUL!!! congrats man... not to long she will be asking for the car keys man!!! or a boy shows up at the door to take her out AAAAAHHHHH...
my daughter is 7 and already talking about her "boyfriend"... I always ask her...'does he know he is your boy friend?'
hopefully she has her bro (spiderman 4) to protect her and she does her make up like this to scare all the boys off...LOL
pic from last halloween...

crimzy

Very cute... but I think your daughter needs to get a little sun. She looks kind of pale. lol

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by Jmick
Already ordered flowers for my wife and I’m getting her a nice black pearl earring/necklace set.
We are in the process of getting into a bigger home so we will be hitting some open houses in our area and we are meeting with our finance guy. Also, looking at getting my wife a new vehicle, trying to decide if we are going to buy or lease.
congrats! If you wanna run anything by me (i'm a

[hr]
broker), let me know. I don't want the business, so don't look at it that way. I just want to make sure they're not ripping you off! (you don't know how many brokers are in the business just to rip people off! I can't stand it!!! They give us all bad names!!!)
and ru, we don't really celebrated v-day either. We do get eachother presents, but that's just cause it's an excuse to buy ourselves something... hehehe

J

jdragunas

crimzy, your daughter is absolutely beautiful... although she looks a little constipated...

crimzy

Originally Posted by jdragunas
crimzy, your daughter is absolutely beautiful... although she looks a little constipated...
Trust me... that's not a problem for her.