Its for real.

isaac

Hi there.
After losing my baby , mystery wrasse last week, Wanted to share with you.
I have 125 gal reef all kind of corals,Dendrophyllia 5 poleps and 2 new babys,2 Rose Anemone ,Acropora Tortuosa, ORA Neon Green Acropora,Purple Lobster , and all kind of other goddis,AND Red Coco Worm , WITCH kind seed its self about 8 to 9 months ago, kind of mostard seeds color and size.
Last week when i was looking for my mystery wrasse I notcied that there is about 25 to 50 small red coco warm all over my tank all the live rocks cover with small coco warms and like small forest of them.
Thanks
Isaac

isaac

waiting to let them grow into the rocks, they grow very fast.
Once its going to be establish, then yes.
The lfs offering $ 85 each.

ophiura

Can you get pictures? Because there are A LOT of species of fan worms in our tanks, and often they are confused for juveniles of larger one's. I would be super surprised if these are actually juveniles of the coco worm. Smaller worms are very common and very similar.

isaac

I am working new on a nice camera that can get me nice pictures.
Regarding the baby coco warm, it looks same like the " mother" they have to " heads" like the mother, so walk like a duck, talk like a duck,,,,,.
the moment that i will have pictures i will post it.

teen

Originally Posted by ophiura
Can you get pictures? Because there are A LOT of species of fan worms in our tanks, and often they are confused for juveniles of larger one's. I would be super surprised if these are actually juveniles of the coco worm. Smaller worms are very common and very similar.
i agree. just today i noticed a tiny red feather duster in my rock work. never seen him before. its possible its just a red feather duster. i too would be suprised if it was actually a baby cocoa worm.

ophiura

I would not use the "walk like a duck" philosophy. There are hundreds of species of worms, many which are superficially similar. The same thing happens with brittlestars - there are many common tiny hitch hikers, but many people assume they are juveniles of a larger one they have.
In reality, it is very unlikely that these animals will reproduce successfully in our tanks.