Its Growing like a weed!!!!

sweetreef

Can some one tell what kind of orange coral that is iam not sure what it is but i started to frag it because its growing alot...

T

thomas712

Not an expert so don't take what I say as gosple but it looks like a dyed colt coral.

shoreliner11

If not then it would be a carnation coral. They only feed of plankton. What do you dose? These corals are known not to do well in captivity because of our lack of ability to recreate the amount of plankton in the water as in the ocean. One way to tell for sure if its a carnation is just by feeling it. When fully extend the carnation would still be very bristley while a colt would be farely smooth.

bltangy

I would say carnation too but i thought they were hard to keep let alone spread here's a pic of mine he's long gone though

yosemite sam

It could be a Scleronephthya, which is related to Dendronephthya, but apparently a bit 'easier' to take care of. But like shoreliner said, they are not photosynthetic corals, and are really hard to maintain in captivity.

sweetreef

i give mine dt plankton and they are growing alot i only had three when i started now it has double now...Iam not sure what the brown polyps are on the bottem left they keep breaking off and growing more does any one know what they are?

chris s

Some kind of Carnation would have been my first guess. I got a Red Carnation from my LFS and I thought that they needed low light, little to medium water flow and I had to spot feed it Marine Snow. Sorry cant give you a possitive ID but they look great.

chris s

I have the same brown polyps too. My LFS called them Brown polyps. Let me know if you find a different name for them.

sweetreef

but iam soon going to be movie all this stuff slow into my 165 gal tank i have to go and try and save a few cow fish from *****....

sweetreef

i dont know if you can see some rubberbands in the tank on pic 2 but i have some some frags and blue shrooms getting to stick to some rocks i just use the netting and rubberbands they work for me....