Its so annoying! =[[[[

mr.clownfish

you know what i just cant take it anymore, i cant have tangs, and ive asked like 10 fish stores about turbo snails and they said they can do much, so im using ALGAEFIX marine.
it says it controls many kinds of algae.
and afetr using it just once it loosened most of the hair algae,
i dont care if it messes up my tank for coral, im just feed up with all that nasty hair algae, it really messed up my tank, my tank was finally looking the way i wanted it to, and BOOM it hit my tank like a bomb.

oceansidefish

Originally Posted by Mr.clownfish
http:///forum/post/2948737
my tank is about a year old but its been there for like 4 or 5 months now. its really gotten out of hand. i use a sea clone protein skimmer and a very large power head that gives really good flow throughout the tank. i buy my water from my LFS and they say the water comes from a company called Catalina.
Catalina is the place where your water is coming from..... They are selling you ocean water from the Catalina coast.... Get yourself a new LFS there are plenty in LA. That would be a good start. That could be where your algae is coming from. Find a salt mixed using RO/DI. Also what is your feeing schedule? Often overfeeding will be the problem especially in small tanks. The algae fix is only a temporary problem. Also why would you switch from t5s?

mr.clownfish

i asked them if that's where they got the water from they said no. its from somewhere else but it is from the ocean. i think its just the name of the co.