Its taken over

gjohnnyp

i guess someone brought ick into the tank. If I pull them all out and hypo them back to health. will ick still live in the tank? In the main tank will be hermits, shrimps, live sand, live rock and corals. Can ick survive on that alone in the main tank?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Ich is a fish disease and will not host on other animals. If you treat your fish in QT and leave your display tank fishless during the the treatment of the fish, then your display will be fine. By the time you finish with the hyposalinity treatment on the fish and are ready to return the fish to the display, then the tank will be clear.

robvia

Here is a great article about ich. You will find it says 3 to 28 days is the duration ich may live in a tank without fish. Your Hypo treatment should take 4 weeks and that would mean that your tank should be clear by then.
Rob

k8eydid

Rob,
Great articles, very informative. Will be keeping these for future reference. Thanks!
Kate

robvia

I found these links in a thread here. It's the first article I have found that actually has some good information about ich. How do you get people to read this article so they will stop spreading wrong information about the disease? This is a good article that I think will help a lot of people. Please help get this out somehow.
Thanks,
Rob

robvia

I can't figure out how to send you a message orangespot. The only way I know of is for you to post your e-mail. I will send you the links if you do.
Thanks,
Rob