I've missed you all

sterling007

Hey guys, I've been away for awhile, at least to visiting the message boards here. My very best friend has been fighting ovarian cancer and I've been helping take care of her and just "being there" for months. She passed away a couple of weeks ago, and now, I guess my life is going to get back, somewhat, to normal. Although, having her gone is going to make it far from normal.
But just wanted to say "HI" and my tank is still beautiful. Everything is healthy and strong. I've got the same fish I've had for going on 5 years now.
"Fluffy" my Maroon Clown has the biggest bubble tip to live in and is happy. All the other fish are terrific.
My corals are all glorious.
And I've got to tell you that this tank survived on minimal care for months because I was so involved with my friend. I guess I'm either very lucky, or this tank is amazingly well balanced.
Tomorrow I'll post some pics....just to brag a little. And I hope to stay on the posts more regular now.
Peace and Health to All, :joy:
Sterling

T

tizzo

Glad your back!! Sorry for your loss. Lookin' forward to pics!! :cheer:

nm reef

Very sorry for your loss...my pop passed away this past January and there are still days that are rough. Nearly every Sunday I expect him to drop by to see my reef...but it'll never happen again.

sterling007

Yes, the absence is great...my friend owns/owned the barn where I've boarded my horses for the past 15 years. Everytime I ride in the outdoor arena and look at the front of her house I expect to see her walk out the front door in her breeches, boots and sun hat waving.............
I'll have pics of my tank up today.....she loved my tank too

sterling007

Things are fine with the wrasse. I think he eats a snail now and then when he can get them flipped over, otherwise he's great. He is one of the original tenants of the tank. He is a melanarous (sp?) wrasse, very busy, very attractive.

oceana

hMMM i always wanted a larger wrasse but have always been afraid of what it might do.
what about ornamental shrimp?? Do you have any ?? and if so does he seem interested in making the shrimp lunch??
sorry for all the questions. normaly you dont see a big wrasse like that in a reef so it peeked my interest

ophiura

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, but you are a true friend for being there. You'll have a great guardian angel so listen closely :)
I am really happy to see you back on the boards!! :D

sterling007

THANKS EVERYONE!!! :happy: I'm glad I wasn't forgotten all this time. I think I'll probably always be remembered as the crazy person that kept the basket starfish!!
My friend was my guardian angel in life as well as now.........