jack fm

bigarn

He's out there to? I'm in Jersey .... I liked the concept and the music selections in the beginning, but it's getting old already.

drummerbum

i'm in illinois and honestly i like the station because they dont have people calling to request the same songs over and over again and they do have a good variety IMO
and for those of you signing a petition to get them off the air there is an easier way to handle a radio station you dont like
CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!!!!!
you dont see people like me signing stuff to try to get pop stations off the air just because i dont like the music
To get to the point
not everyone has the same taste, so before you go try and change something you dont like. just think about others.
PEOPLE DONT SIGN ANYTHING FOR THE SOLE REASON OF BEING A FOLLOWER. THIS IS AMERICA HAVE SOME INDEPENDANCE PEOPLE

drummerbum

im sorry for my outburst, i just went and read some of the signatures. and from i read your original station was a quality local classic rock station and if thats the case im outraged sure Jack fm is a good station but it doesnt nearly measure up to my favorite local classic rock station.
sorry for the confusion. i guess i was just a lucky one to get an upgrade to 104.3 Jack FM
:happy:

robchuck

I'm also in the Chicago market and am still outraged at how Infinity dropped a quality oldies station that had held up well in the market (it consistently finished in or near the top 10). I'm only 26, but appreciated the music that WJMK-FM played and how it was presented (legendary jocks, community involvement).
But the Infinity suits in New York decided their bottom line is more important than their loyal listeners (the former oldies station even had a Loyal Listener club; the irony!) and up and switched to the Jack FM format one Friday afternoon without even a hint given to any of the air talent or station personnel; some of the jocks had radio histories that went back 40 years or more.
The only reason they switched to this format is that it's a money-maker. They don't have to pay talent, they don't even have a program director at most of the Jack stations! Plus, the production work (sweeps, promos, etc.) is all produced nationally, further reducing the production costs and ending up with a thankless format that put many radio legends out on their butts. The final product is something I could hear by picking up an Ipod; there's no local flavor or anything special on the Jack stations.
Call me old-fashioned, but hearing a DJ between songs and listening to a radio station that is always holding remotes (I enjoy going to remotes) is what keeps me tuned into stations that put the listener first. Besides, when the airwaves were first opened up to public broadcasts, the government expressed that material sent over the airwaves was to be in the public's interest.