Jadette's 7.5g ADA Zoa/Shroom Cube

jadette

Here's one of the 4 nano tanks that I maintain. It's been set up as the "can't find any room in my other tanks so I'm just going to throw it in this one" tank. It also houses the corals that my brothers no longer want in their reef tanks.
End result? A very colorful tank!

blazin2k6

WOWWWW . That i think is the best pico tank i've ever seen. Whats up with the 7.5 gallon pics though ? Where are they ? Or is that it ? Wat is the 4 gallon ? just the 1st pic ? Looks excellent though and also do you mind me asking how much did that tank and lights and everything cost ?

jadette

Thanks for all the compliments!
Keri - The pics were taken with a Nikon D70.
Rebelprettyboy - There's actually nothing exotic in there. Like I said, the tank is filled with 'leftover' corals. The pink palys that just outgrew my main nano tank, the green PEs that were growing like weeds and I had no where else to put them. Rics that my brother no longer wanted... See that one rock just covered with zoas on the bottom left hand corner of the tank? I bought a zoa frag pack off of

[hr]
and everything was half dead when I got them. For weeks they didn't even open. So i just decided to glue the few polyps that I got (I had about 3-5 polyps of 7 different types of zoas) on a piece of live rock. A couple of months later, the entire rock was covered in zoas.
I do have quite a zoa collection in another tank though. The standard stuff - darth mauls, PPEs, AOGs, etc). I'll post pics once I finish arranging that tank.
Clownfish11 - It's the only tank I have with the black sand. I like the contrast it gives to the colorful corals. :)
Nissan577 - Thank you. :)
Blazin2k6 - Those are 3 photos of the same 7.5g ADA tank. I have another 7.5g ADA tank full of LPS corals, another 3g zoa tank, and a 2.5g mixed coral tank that I did not put pics of in this thread.
The set-up was pretty cheap:
30cmx30cmx30cm ADA cube tank (adgshop.com) = $70
AquaClear20 HOB Filter (filled with purigen) = $20
Current USA 12" 2x18W PC lights = $80
Koralia Nano = $25
Cheapo heater = $15
All purchased new. My other 7.5g ADA tank has the high end equipment (Metal Halides, in-line UV sterilizer, in-line heater, glass lily pipes with a very large eheim canister filter), but to be honest with you, I like the simple set-up of the tank pictured here. I'm good with my water changes (15% twice a week), so I don't need crazy equipment to keep my water parameters decent.