Jawfish and Shrimp ok together?

bigeyedfish

My boss is considering getting a jawfish for his 72 gal bowfront. His stock right now consists of 4 Chromis, 1 Lyretail Anthia and a Neon Goby. In addition he wants to add a pair of False Percs and maybe the jawfish. He has three peppermint shrimp and was concerned that a jawfish might eat the shrimp. Any truth to that thought? I didnt know what to tell him. thanks

chinnyr

Hey dvskin..
I had posted here to see if anyone has/has a dusky jawfish.I got no response,but see that you had one.I had two in a fish only tank with 2 cleaners.They nevere bothered the shrimp but they were only 2" fish.They were my favorite fish because at feeding time they would jet out and grab a meal in the blink of an eye.After about a year they did as all jawfish do,jump out of the tank.I was kinda wondering if they were reef freindly or not,I guess I know now thanks!

bigeyedfish

yeah his sandbed is plenty deep. i had recommended the yellow head, didnt think he wanted to spend $100 on the blue-spot, just wasnt sure about them eating tankmates.

jumpfrog

I have a yellow headed jawfish in a 46 with peppermint shrimp. Never pays them anymind.
Great fish!

hnf2k

i didnt wanna read everyones response, but i keep 3 yellowheaded jawfish in with 2 cleaner shrimp and they are fine. hope that helps.