JBJ 28gal CF-Quad....any suggestions??

hey man
I have the exact same aquarium
. I also wanted to know the best option(s) for my filtration and circultation. I have learned a whole lot. I have had my tank up and running for exactly one week (I used the raw shrimp method). I have live sand and some beautiful rock in place. I will post some pix tomorrow.
I love starting new aquariums

I am going to designate my new nano to two black and white black false perculas with a nice bubble/carpet anemone for them and corals with a clean up crew of course and two skunk cleaner shrimp.
I want to be able to breed my clowns in the future. I wanted to broaden my hobby of saltwater fish keeping and take on the challenge of aquaculture.
Good luck with your new set up as it is indeed exciting!
PS - I will start my own new thread designated to my custom nano reef. Kep an eye out for it

nwdyr

sweet!!! look forward to seeing it! I have been doing this for awhile , but there is nothing like a new tank
every time you set it up is like the FIRST time lol.... I never did the raw shrimp thing
Just dont seem natural to put something dead in on purpose
I have had allot of luck using LS , good cured LR and if I can get it "old water" from a friends established tank....works for me. One thing I have learned after doing this for awhile is...there is STILL allot to learn. Some people here think their way is the ONLY way , so keep a open mind and have fun. Just because "someone" says its wrong....dont mean it is! Now get those pic's up!

nissan577

well im glad the tank finally came!!!!
thats some quick shipping!
last time i order something from the DRs it took a week. you got it like in 3 days! lucky

anyways congrats on the tank!!!! its gonna be so amazing when your done with it!...wait you can never be done with an aquarium! you always gotta be adding stuff

nwdyr

you know me buddy! NEVER "done"
My leg is killin me today , rain and cold...yuk! so I am movin a little slow today , hope to get the stand up and clean the tank. It is VERY dusty in the filter chamber , maybe from the ceramic rings? Kinda hard to clean , cant get my arm in there.. that will be a little challenging. Still lookin for some LR. Like I said I will take some out of my mantis tank , that poor guy has NO room , i have that little tank stuffed with rock!
but I will still need at least 20lbs....time for a donut and a norco ( a.k.a. vicodin) breakfast of the champions!

nwdyr

hmmm....I post pic's of the tank.... my dog.... where is everyone ? Well the stand is together , I had to really force the shelf in the inside in
Other then that it all went together easy. Hope to have the tank clean today and who knows//// water maybe???

hey I just posted my diary. check it out. I got my LR and sand all situated.
It's cool that we started the same tank at same time.
We'll have to keep in touch to see how each others progress is coming
good luck!!

nwdyr

cool! nobody else seems to be lookin
I will have water in mine tomorrow Morn. I will post pic's in the afternoon...going to check yours out

nissan577

well atleast the water is going in already!!!!

what sand are you doing????
i guess cause they think this isnt a diary

nwdyr

really....wtf?? in the old days people were all over a new tank!
I am just using the old Ocean direct Caribbean.... I did my first nano with crushed coral , never had a prob. with CC but just like the sand look better.

luvmyreef

Ummm...Okay....Nice Big Doggy you got there!
Looks like you'll have a nice set up...BUT....MORE PICS PLEASE!

nissan577

lol im sorry he is a beautiful puppy

idk why but many people moved on to new forums ever since with the no selling and stuff. mods are hardly on here now. well i hardly see them not like before.
idk whats going on...

nwdyr

more pic's they want....are you kiddin me??? cant get more then 2 comments for 5 pic's.....okkkkkkkk

nwdyr

well its 9:15am My buddy will be here soon with my water , then I am going to the LFS for some LR...7-8per lb!!
thats what happens when you are in a hurry! lol.. I know as soon as i go buy it , I will find a guy sellin it for 3 per lb 2miles from my house! I am a shopper when it comes to big stuff , like this tank. But when its stoppin me from setting up the tank...CANT wait! MORE PICS COMMING.....as if anyone is looking anyway!

nissan577

iam

and i hate that. last time i was need in some LR and i couldnt wait so i went to go buy it at $7 a lb. when i got home the next day they were selling LR for $3 lb and fiji! i swear sometimes i wanna kill them!!!!

I will be looking!

Cant wait to see your design.
Hurry up and post some pix!
I added two pieces of LR from my other well established tank so I rekon it will cycle a lil faster.

nwdyr

Ok...had to wait for the tank to clear up , its clear now so i have to fig. out how to place the rock. The LFS had some Fiji for 5.99 and some of the really nice purple stuff for 9.00lb! so I got like 10lbs of the cheap stuff and 5lbs of the other , then I took a big 5lb piece out of the mantis tank (that tank has wayyy too much rock in it. I will Prob. add more rock , but for right now I will just make due with what I have. Sorry pic's wont be up until tonight. I dont have time right now and will be busy most of the day. Thanks nissan and tanner

nwdyr

water was pretty clear this am , but then I moved the rock around
here are some pic's (cloudy) I dont think i am going to put allot of rock in here , just keep some good flat pieces to lay coral on. Also I think I want to keep some sand exposed for a change. Thinking of doing some clams , maybe 1 or 2 small fish...no idea what kind yet
the pic's may take a few min's , still getting the hang of downloading them