JBJ 28gal CF-Quad....any suggestions??

bill109

i like the over hang there with the rock sticking out.
it woud look cool if you got a nunch of rock and completley scaped b4 setting it up this way you could make look like its got some depth. do a front to back type of display.
i set up my 90 and added rock as i went along, and its def. missing some rock but having it be up for 3 plus years, i would hate to disturb all the rock and re do it.

nwdyr

thanks kids! like i said I dont think i will add a lot more rock , when it clears up you will be able to see better. There is allot of nice flat areas for coral that I would loose if I start piling rock up. I orig did the cave thing bit had 1 large flat piece , that is the one sticking out of the front. I just stuck it in the cave! I knda like the look. Its about 20lbs all together , my LFS is having a big coral sale this weekend. If its a real sale I may get some goodies!
Post better pic's tomorrow...still a little cloudy

hey bro nice work!
right on schedule.
Of course my tank has cleared up perfectly now and what I have to say what i like about my tank is that I have access to all areas front-back, left-right. My rock formation is built up in th middle of my tank just bec I want the current to circle my rock formation more effectivly.
I plan on adding an EcoTech Vortech Marine MP10
pump to enhance more circulation and plus it has different pulse modes.

nwdyr

ok boys n girls , dig deep...I want advice on CUC , fish (maybe 2-3) corals Etc....also need advice on the Cheato(sp) thing. How do I keep it , where in this tank. I like the filter area in the back of this model , its very cool. COME ON REEFERS!!! dont make me take this thread to ..... that OTEHR site!

I have a question I would like to ask...
What's your plans for your filtration???
Here's what I have and what I am thinking I will do.
Ok so I saw at the top of the thread where Nissan provided info about chaeto, purigen, chemi-pure, and filter floss in the three chambers.
Well you have the same aquarium like myself and I took it like he was talking about the chambers left to right or right to left.
I consider the chambers for filtration to be in the middle where the 3 chamber clear tray is housed. I plan to put filter floss in the first, chaeto under that (I have a 10W led light for the back of my tank for the chaeto) and either chemi-pure elite or purigen in the compartment under the chaeto. In the chambers to the left and right of course my heater and pumps. I dont know if I will use a protein skimmer as I plan on doing a 20%weekly water change so we'll see.
What do ya think???

nwdyr

I want to make this diff. then my other reef tanks , so go with unusual stuff.......thanks!!

nwdyr

I tried the purigen and elite thing...didn't do anything great for me , having said that...allot of people like it..so thats up to you. Like you i want to do something diff. in the back. The middle can be made into a mini fuge by putting some sand (like 1inch) with your light and the chaeto that would be cool. I just dont like to stuff too many things in 1 little space , and when you start layin stuff on top of stuff....well , just has not worked out good for me in the past. Kinda like when I put LR rubble in my 24gal nano filter chamber....
Nitrates thru the roof!!! BAD idea

nwdyr

I just re-read that , he was talkin about the old style tanks...ours is different. I dont think he realized that until I posted the pic of the back of our tank

nissan577

i didnt. what you can do is were the water falls down the middle is add the chaeto and add the chemipure elite on one side and the purigen on the other

ok cool bec that confused me a little bit

What do you think about the lighting?
I am pretty impressed with the moon lights as well. I did a little experiment and noticed about 1-2 degree differneces when day lights were on and off. Thats not bad considering MH lighting that need chillers.

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/3246215
i didnt. what you can do is were the water falls down the middle is add the chaeto and add the chemipure elite on one side and the purigen on the other
oh ok cool
so just add both in the same chamber with chaeto and filter floss in the other two chambers?