JBJ 28gal CF-Quad....any suggestions??

nwdyr

what about those long sponges on the side?? I didnt even put them back in the tank...seem like over kill
Also could I put the chaeto in the plastic tray thing?....then would I keep the square sponge in there??? The orig. set-up is Black sponge , a/c then the rings (took those out already)

nolanrob123

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/3246209
I tried the purigen and elite thing...didn't do anything great for me , having said that...allot of people like it..so thats up to you. Like you i want to do something diff. in the back. The middle can be made into a mini fuge by putting some sand (like 1inch) with your light and the chaeto that would be cool. I just dont like to stuff too many things in 1 little space , and when you start layin stuff on top of stuff....well , just has not worked out good for me in the past. Kinda like when I put LR rubble in my 24gal nano filter chamber....
Nitrates thru the roof!!! BAD idea
How long did you wait to test it again after putting the liverock back there? That may have been the last leg of the cycle. Nitrate is the last leg right? Ammonia-nitrite-nitrate? I know once I had mine in there I noticed it settled out after 2 or so weeks and keeps things in check now. Either way the rockwork looks great! I started out with around 20 lbs in mine and I don't know how much I have now. The layout of the tank is very nice too. I can't wait until it cycles and is ready to have coral in it!

nwdyr

that was from another set-up , this tank is new. I used water from a friends 150gal , LS and cycled LR from my other tank and some from my LFS. I dont think I will have any cycle. Did this a few times before and never had a prob., thanks for the comment....bed time for me , all you late night guys,,,your home work is CUC...remember the more unusual the better! really no sponge at all in the back?hmmm never tried that , so maybe put the chaeto where the sponge was then? makes sense b/c the water would be comin right over it from the overflow...hmmm ok I will toss the sponge tomorrow and go look for some chaeto and a little light, thanks for the help....lets keep it goin!

nwdyr

hate to sound like a 5yr old BUT...I think maybe this site is not where I am going to do this build , I appreciate you guys that have posted here very much , but... I miss the excitement that was here before. In the "old days" there were many people interested and you were able to benefit from allot of others advice and suggestions. Nissan and Tanner , you guys are the best but I would suggest you try the other site , you know the one that was started by the guys that used to be here. Tonight i am going to start this thread there and I know the response will be great! Nissan , I think you are there also , tanner I will try to pm you and let you know about it. this place is just too boreing now :( nolan , I will let you know also :)

nissan577

im always there :) RR 4lyfe
i love being there!
im just here cause i love the nano section here. but for answering the questions quick and like you said are really excitement is RR.
see you there brother

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/3246382
hate to sound like a 5yr old BUT...I think maybe this site is not where I am going to do this build , I appreciate you guys that have posted here very much , but... I miss the excitement that was here before. In the "old days" there were many people interested and you were able to benefit from allot of others advice and suggestions. Nissan and Tanner , you guys are the best but I would suggest you try the other site , you know the one that was started by the guys that used to be here. Tonight i am going to start this thread there and I know the response will be great! Nissan , I think you are there also , tanner I will try to pm you and let you know about it. this place is just too boreing now :( nolan , I will let you know also :)
hey
what other site do you speak of?
I understand what you say but I like this board pretty well but I like to diversify. let me know what site it is and I will register.

nwdyr

PM comin tanner.....I guess this is it here...the only thing that sucks is i cant dowload pic;s there!
Once I learn that....SEEEE YAAAAAA