JBJ 30 gallon rimless build

xbethx

Started this in the nano thread but it doesnt seem like it gets much traffic so i thought id move it here. My other post can be deleted if you'd like.

Getting back into the hobby after having to tear down my 125 gallon a year ago and scored this JBJ 30 gallon on craigslist, came with a couple crappy led strip lights that i will be forced to use until i can afford to upgrade them.

Eventually would like to be able to turn this tank into a mixed reef but will have to start with whatever the lights will allow me to keep

Tank did not come with a stand so me and the husband built one..
We are not handyman types at all and this was one of the first things we've ever built, so that said im pretty happy with it.

Rockscape so far: These are rocks i saved from my 125

Planned equipment:
stock return pumps
one more powerhead in tank - possibly hydor koralia 550? havnt decided yet
Eheim Jager 75W heater
skimmer - been looking at the tunze 9004 or the Hydor nano skim
New led light fixture - Possibly the JBJ unibody dimmable 54W 6500-20000k LED fixture
Media basket with filter pad, clear fx pro and purigen

JBJ ATO (way down the line)

hotwingz

Wow lookin good! For claiming not to be very handy that stand sure looks nice! I like the rock scape too.

xbethx

Been thinking alot about what fish i wanna put in this tank and im struggling with the fact that i only have 30 gallons of tank to put fish in lol

Here is the list so far, need some help narrowing it down
goby/pistol pair
midas blenny
sixline wrasse
royal gramma
dwarf angel (either pygmy cherub, flameback, rusty or flame)
clownfish (1 or 2 not decided)

the angel is a must for me i know there are mixed reviews with them in nano tanks but i want some kind of nice looking centerpiece fish for the tank and i think one of those angels is it. i just dont know which one would be better