JBJ Nano 12gal Help

newbfish

Hey everyone,
I know I'm not on here as much. Sorry, wish I was though. I recently received a used JBJ 12gal Nano tank without a hood. I'm starting it up. I wanted some input from some other reefers. I don't plan on spending too much on it. I have a light that's pushing 2 9watt pc's. Is that enough just to keep zoos, shrooms, and other softies?
I also had an idea, making a wave box.... I plan on doing that by buying two MaxiJets 400, and a 1200 or 900 and putting the 360 degree reflectors on both of them. Will that work as a wave box? I would think it would because the stronger MJ would cause the reflector to spin faster than the weaker one, meaning that they have different rpm's and flow power, thus the motion between the two is always changing.
What do you guys think? work or no?

asharp13

where did u figure out the concept behind a DIY wavemaker. any pics/sites i could check out on how they work??? i like to learn.
as for the lights, i run 2 32w pc's in my tank and my zoas and shrooms seem to be healthy. i feel like 9w is a little weak. i like to watch my corals grow and i feel if u kick up the light quality youll be happier. JMO
oh and i run one thats 420nm/460nm and one thats 10,000k/6,700k i hit a broad light spectrum with the 2 bulbs and like the growth rate of my lps

newbfish

yea i think im just going to get the dx replacement hood for it which will have 2x24 watt pc's but idk yet cause I kinda want to throw in an anemone. I dont think 4watts per gallon would be enough though