JBJ nano chiller

ffmike

Pete, these things are sick. I have one for my 24 gal. It cools it in like no time at all and it is really quiet.

L

lbaskball

I have one too, they are not too loud and cools the tempertures fast. Great product.

pete159

will i need to empty the tank to install it?
Do i need to buy a powerhead and tubing?, if so what size?
this is my tank so far

reefer545

Yeah, me too. Is that a powerhead in coloum two out to chiller and then a powerhead back into coloum three and then into the stock powerhead which feeds back into the tank?
REEFER545

L

lbaskball

uh,, as far as my setup goes (i dont know about the other guy) yeah you have to drill 2 holes on the hood, if your using an oceanic biocube it isnt difficult. You also need a powerhead to put the water. I use my external XP Filstar filter to pump the water in and out of the chiller as well as for filtration.

pete159

i think you only need one powerhead to power it, a maxijet 1200 should do the trick, what size tubing is needed?, is there anything else i'll need to install it?

ffmike

You just need one powerhead from the tank to the chiller. Mine is a Via-Aqua VA 1300 it pumps fine. I just made a hole in the back of my hood and ran the tubing through it. Once you get the chiller it is really easy to plumb, just a pump and some tubing. The JBJ has some clamps that the hose fits into on top.