JBJ nano cube

discusking

Ok im in college and would like to have a tank in my dorm. I want something small and easy to move so i was thinking of getting a JBJ nano cube, but i have heard mix reviews on how good it is for reef aqauriums. So what i would like to know is what are ur opions of the nano cube? Is it good for what i want or is there something better...Any comments would be appreciated.

lefty

Most people will give the nano cube a thumbs up. I think it'd be perfect for a dorm. :)
-lefty

upinsmoke

just so you know i love my nano cube and if you hear anything about no place for a heater that is a lie. I got my 50w in their very easily you can keep it out of sight next to the pump in the back.

dory36

We've had our cube since August and just love it. It's easy to maintain and we've had no problems with any of the equipment (pump, lights, etc.). We have a heater also and it fits quite nicely in the back...plenty of room.
:)

discusking

ok awesome...SO u can keep LPS corals in it, cool because those are my fav. If u dont mind could i see some pics of other nano cubes so that I can get some ideas on how to set mine up... Thanks alot ;)

bona42na

Hey Dory, check the filter area for the missing fish. I had my perc go back there one day. Got it back up with a big spoon.

dory36

Nice tank bona42na! Very nice!

Well, I peeked in the back, but didn't see him anywhere. Maybe I should take everything out to see if that's where he went. He couldn't still be alive after a week, could he?! :confused:

bona42na

Lets hope . I also had a peppermint shrimp stuck back ther for about a week before I opened it up for routine maintenance so there is some hope. Heres is another picture from another time in the tanks life.

splash1916

nano cubes are pretty cool, but here's my suggestion. Do everything your own way. By a 10-20 gallon tank ($20), a filter ($30-$50), a 50-80 Watt light ($100), some powerheads, and just rig it up your self. it's about the same price overall, but it's more fun to set up and plus you get to do everything your own way.

discusking

NICE TANKS, I was thinking about doing it myself, but i just wanted something easy and simple to take down after each semster so thats y i thought a nano cube would be best :)

discusking

saltynewbie:I am going to take it home over break, thats y i thought the nano would be the best because its easy to move...Is this true?