JBJ Nano Cubes

overanalyzer

very sweet tank.... would like to get one and put shrooms and clown gobies in it!! would be a very sweet tank!!!

N

newbienz

Currently, 3 feather dusters, dozens of little dusters, 5 small koko worms, 1 hammer coral, 1 galaxia, 7 hermits, 2 turbos, 1 Scooter bleeny and 1 maroon clown.

overanalyzer

newbienz - how are you controlling hte tenticles of the galaxy coral?? it will kill anything it can touch pretty much .....otherwise it is a very sweet sounding setup!

N

newbienz

The galaxia is in the back of the tank with rocks pretty much surrounding it. If the tentacles do get over the rock it is far enough above the hammer coral that it does not touch it.
What is the cost for one?
I purchased my nanocube for $99

overanalyzer

Originally posted by newbienz
The galaxia is in the back of the tank with rocks pretty much surrounding it. If the tentacles do get over the rock it is far enough above the hammer coral that it does not touch it.

The tenticles can extend upwards of two feet .... I'd point a power head @ it to keep the tenticles all blowing in the same direction.
Do a search for COTW and Galaxy Coral....

cliffrouse11bas

I say go with a minibow alot more upgrade alternatives. That is just my opinoin.. This tank is only a month and a half old..

eric4usa

cliffrouse11bas:
Manufacturer?
How many gallons, that looks like a 7. ?
Glass or acrylic?
Canopy/lighting?

g13

Hey newbienz, are you keeping all this with the factory 24 watt lights? Or did you install a diff lighting system?

N

newbienz

Its replaced the 24 watt with 175w MH. I'll probably transfer over to the JBJ 20gal nanocube w/ built in protein skimmer that is due out in December. Just in time for Christmas!! :D

cliffrouse11bas

Eirc it is an aga 7 gallon minibow. It is glass. CUrrently I just took the original striplight and added a 32 watt smartilte retro kit instead of the no bulb. I have a new hood coming with 2-32 watt retrokits in it. That will be 64 watts on it. Thanks Alot...

A

austingirl

I have this tank and its been up for about 4 months, Great size. I have 2 clowns,1 neon dottyback,frogspawn,sun coral,candy cane,ric shroom,tonga shroom, hairy shroom, pipe organ, star polyp,4 hermits. It sits on my kitchen counter and is really a fun size, If all continues to do well, I will be getting a bigger tank.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by newbienz
Its replaced the 24 watt with 175w MH. I'll probably transfer over to the JBJ 20gal nanocube w/ built in protein skimmer that is due out in December. Just in time for Christmas!! :D

Where have you heard about that? I could not find anything after a brief search on the net ...

N

newbienz

A local fish store owner told me about it and that he was told by JBJ when he was ordering more palettes of nanocubes.