jebo/odyssea lights

chingchong

I just got these off the auction house :)
I came with 2x 12K 65W bulbs and 2x Actinic Blue bulbs from Odyssea ...
the question is : are the blue bulbs really the true actinic 03 ?
I just confused ...
thanks for the replies.

mbrands

Originally posted by chingchong
Iare the blue bulbs really the true actinic 03 ?

I've never seen the fixture myself, but from several other postings I've read they are NOT true actinic bulbs.

kcobain111

I have the same lights
If they are blue when the lights are off they are fake
The new lights from jebo are all white when turned off but then turned on 1 is true blue actinic

jobob

i have the old ones (jebo) they're fake (blue) so i got real 03 and put them in. and wow what a difference. the odyessa are supose to be real. if they're purpleish then their real. the blueish ones are fake.

sheracr123

I just bought the same lights. How do you like them. Do they get very hot with no fans? That is my biggest worry. I have some 36" JBL's that have fans and are still fairly warm. I can't imagine heat strips absorbing all the heat.

kdfrosty

I use the 48" Jebo 55w x 4 light fixture with the stock lights. They seem to be ok for now, but I wish I would've spent a little bit more $$ and got something nicer. I do keep a pulsing xenia in my tank, a few inches below water level. It seems to be doing ok.
They do put off lots of heat. I have the older model Jebo fixture w/o the legs, so I built my own legs to raise the fixture up off the tank some. Seems to have done the trick. But yes, they do get prety warm.

sheracr123

I think mine are the 2004 models. I will actually have 2 48" fixtures. I am hoping that will be enough light for now because thats about all I can afford for now...
Does your have the "heat retaining bands" on it?

vlondi

I am fairly happy with my Jebo 4x55w lighting fixture. Sure, it doesn't put out tremendous amounts of light but it is plenty for my three shrooms and BTA.
The "actinics" the systems come with are not usually true actinics, they are just painted blue. You can buy true actinics for them although the 55w bulbs are harder to find. I'm not worrying with it because I will purchasing a MH system (2x175w with 2 110w VHO actinics) sometime within the next 2 months.
Jebos are cheap and good enough to hold you over until you get something better.

jobob

i put 65w actinics in my jebo . 55w and 65w are the same thing. its all in the ballast. if u have a 55 ballast then u have a 55 bulb. if its 65 u have a 65.

chingchong

the blue/actinic (supposedly) bulbs make my green ricordia look "radioactive" which is kinda of cool ... but I had purchased Actinic 03 and there is a difference ... so i might need to order new bulbs.
as far as the light ... i m not interested in spending $500 for MH system .. I just wanted to keep some fish and some corals that don't require much light ... I believe they are good enough, especially for hte price.
the system came with 2 fans on the side and they are i think 2 openings of the back for the airflow ... (i don't know if that's what you meant by "bands") .
but beside the lights ... i m happy. I had the 2004 version and it just generates so much heat that I had to top off the tank every day ... it was PITA ... now, with the legs, it should be a lot better.