JEBO Skimmer

rcoultas

I heard that they had made some improvements on these and decided to try one out to see if they are worth stocking for resale.....
I must say - they look nice ...
Unfortunately they are still lacking in design and require a couple of little modifications to make them work reasonably well. It also comes with intsructions that are very vague and a photocopy of a hand drawn diagram of how it should be assembled (which in itself is lacking some detail) LOL
All things considered - if you are inclined to tinker a bit with things then it is not a bad deal - but certainly not one I would recomend for the "plug and play" people.

netopr

I got the 182II version around 2-3 weeks ago and found it to be a POS..... It leaked everywhere, it didnt even fit inside the tank, the pump is too powerfull making huge ammounts of micro bubble get into my tank and the outlet valve leaked whenever I closed a little bit.
After modifying it then I must say its ok... I replaced all the piping/ valve with white PVC type. I used pvc cement to fix all the leaking and did some holes on the inlet piping to relive pressure and now it works fine, no leaks, no micro bubbles and hangs on the back of the tank.......
If anyone ones pictures let me know

moonie

I bought one two weeks ago and it never made any real amount of bubbles. I could never get the water level high enough. After screwing with it for 2 weeks I sent it back WHAT A POS..

geek

Originally Posted by Netopr
http:///forum/post/2366570
I got the 182II version around 2-3 weeks ago and found it to be a POS..... It leaked everywhere, it didnt even fit inside the tank, the pump is too powerfull making huge ammounts of micro bubble get into my tank and the outlet valve leaked whenever I closed a little bit.
After modifying it then I must say its ok... I replaced all the piping/ valve with white PVC type. I used pvc cement to fix all the leaking and did some holes on the inlet piping to relive pressure and now it works fine, no leaks, no micro bubbles and hangs on the back of the tank.......
If anyone ones pictures let me know
Could you please e-mail me a picture of your modifications, as my best friends wife bought one for his newly setup saltwater tank. They started getting into the hobby because they came over to our house and saw our tank, but they were on a limited budget. I'd like to try and help them out if I can, because I feel like thier addiction to this hobby is because of me. You can e-mail me directly at geek-at-alaska-dot-com. Thanks in advance.

fatcat

I have had the JEBO 180 that comes with the power head for over a year. The skimmer it self works good (it's on a 48gal). BUT where the collection cup sits on top it leaked on my power bar and maid my GFI trip. I just drilled the cup at the bottem ran a tube from ithe cup to a bucket and silaconed the cup to the skimmer (can no longer take cup of skimmer). The other problem is the power head that came with it really is a POS.
But i guess that what you get for $50...
I would NOT suggest stocking them for retail....JMO