JEBO tanks...any good?

nixpack

I was at a local pet store the other day and I saw severl JEBO tanks there which I had never seen there previously. They had the lights and light switches built into the hood and I'm not sure if I'd like that or not (if the lighting wasn't good it may cause hassles to revamp), but the tanks looked great! They were real glass but curved and rounded on the corners like an acrylic tank. For some reason (copyright issues, I'm sure), I can't copy the entire picture but here is an example of the rounded corners. JEBO Tank
Anyone have any experience with JEBO and if so...has it been good? Bad?
Thanks!
Claudia

nixpack

Ooo, I don't think the ones that I saw were that much. They were meant to look like stainless steel but were made of a lighter weight material. I've seen the little JEBO tanks plenty of times but have never seen a 60 gallon glass tank with curved sides, etc. Nice to look at. I'll have to stop in this week and see what the price is.
Claudia

dmc888

If it is glass i would think it might cost around 1k.
Not worth 1k for a 60g.
I wouldn't trust the seals on it.

nixpack

I went back and looked at the tank again today. There are a few in that petstore and they all have signs on them that say, "It's Really Glass!" But I'm suspicious. They don't feel like glass. I clinked around on them for quite a bit and couldn't really get the feel of them. They just seemed more acrylic to me. The 60g was all curved on the edges and the lights and stuff were built in and it was on a stainless steel-looking stand. The whole set-up was listed for $449 marked down from $600 or somewhere around there. Something about it seemed kind of cheap to me but I still like how the curved "glass" looked.
Hey, I'm in the Naperville area. If you want to know the name of the store, you can email me and I'll send it to you.
Claudia

dmc888

Thats ok , thanks though.
I know where i can get a 125 6ft tank and stand for under 600.
S. elgin sea escapes
I would get it already , but will wait to i get my new house that has a basement.
Might even go bigger. :D
I have been to the riverwalk before to go fishing a long time ago.
Very nice place.