Jester's 36 Gallon Bowfront

Jesterrace

I hope I won't get blasted for this, but being relatively new to the forum, I tried finding some basic rules and regulations here and have come up blank. I want to share my 36 gallon reef tank, but quite frankly photos don't do a tank justice (especially not with active fish). I do have a Youtube video I did of the tank and I will post the link here. Admins can feel free to delete and let me know if I screwed up.

Here is the link

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, Jesterrace, the tank is looking good. I love the bowfronts. They really showcase reefs in a way that is quite different than your standard rectangle tank . I'd add a black back to your tank. That would make a world of difference showcasing. Great hangon skimmer. Its looks to be high quality; not too many of those kind for a hangon.

Jesterrace

I considered backing, but I don't want to stick something to the back of the tank that may have to be removed at some point or peels because saltwater gets dripped on it. As for the hang on skimmer, it's an Eshoppes HTK-75. In a tank of under 50 gallons you either get that or the Reef Octopus Classic 100. Thanks for the comments.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Just plane old aquarium backing paper can be applied very nicely and removed wo trouble. Major difference in showing a tank without all the equipment showing.

I haven't been able to set up a tank in a long time but I used a HOB on my 72 bow. They really didn't have any magnificent HOBs then. I pretty much went with complete natural filtration, which I consider the skimmer to fall into that category since natural ocean movement produces its own brand of skimming.