Jigsaw clown

viper_930

I've never seen an ORA jigsaw clown with this much white on its side, so I had to have it when I saw it at the shop. :jumping: Too bad the opposite side looks like normal perc. :(

riccio

Do you know for sure that it's from ORA, because it actually looks more like those "snowflake" ocellaris from TMC?

demartini

They had one at my LFS before but i couldnt fit another fish in my tank. Another LFS had a clown that had no white. Wait.... did you get that at aquarium concepts?

viper_930

Thanks for the comments.
thats sooooo cool are they rare?
Hard to find, yes, but I wouldn't consider them rare. Any place that orders from ORA can get a couple of these once in a while. Picassos are coming out slow from ORA now though, because they're trying to expand their own brood stock to breed more. These cost about 40 bucks on up.
Do you know for sure that it's from ORA, because it actually looks more like those "snowflake" ocellaris from TMC?
Yup, I'm sure it's a picasso from ORA. Unfortunately, the big white blotch is only on the side of the clown pictured. The other side of the clown has the normal stripes like a regular percula. I can only wish it was a snowflake, would've saved me over $200!
Another LFS had a clown that had no white. Wait.... did you get that at aquarium concepts?
Yep, I got this one at Aquarium Concepts. It was their last one when I got it. Was the clown with no white at AC too? It's probably ORA's

[hr]
clown.

demartini

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
Yep, I got this one at Aquarium Concepts. It was their last one when I got it. Was the clown with no white at AC too? It's probably ORA's

[hr]
clown.
I saw him there!!!! i wanted him but i couldnt fit another fish in my tank. The one with no stripes was at Ultimate Aquarium in San mateo.

maroonytun

Jigsaw cowns are actually very rare. The one in the picture ;ooks like a snowflake.Jigsaws look like puzzels with black lines seperating the pieces and cost around 400 a piece.

viper_930

Jigsaw/picasso clowns are true A. percula clowns raised from ORA farm. ORA allows any store that orders from them to recieve 2-3 each shipment. I got mine at $40 but I've seen them at up to $60.
The snowflake clowns are A. ocellaris
and raised at TMC in England. I've never seen them at $400 per fish though. The highest I've heard was $600 for a pair.
I'm 100% sure mine is a jigsaw, not only based on it's color but also its origin.

N

n_sarno

Beautiful clown viper..
Only $40 for that fish?
I've never seen one in a LFS by me but I'm sure if they were around they'd be much more then $40

viper_930

Thanks N Sarno.
maroonytun, I've talked with embryoguy before and I know about his clownfish. The clown pictured in the thread you posted is a jigsaw onyx clown, not the usual jigsaw clown from ORA. His was a wild caught specimine. He does have a pair of snowflake ocellaris clowns too, and those are the fish that go for $400-600.
The shop I got my picasso clown from ordered it directly from ORA.
Edit: I just thought about it, and I think we might be misunderstanding each other. Picasso clowns and jigsaws are the same thing. The male of the first breeding pair that ORA obtained was called a jigsaw, then when ORA began releasing the offspring they changed the name to picasso. Snowflakes are a totally different species than picassos/jigsaws.