Jobs at Banks

bluegirl

I'm currently going through the application process at Bank of America. Anyone work there? They are ringing every detail possible out of me. Is getting hired at any bank gonna be this big of a hassle? I've done one phone interview, one round of a million papers about every little detail of my life, one more phone interview, and supposedly 2 face to face interviews coming. Whew! I'm tired.
Next thing you know, they'll want to know how often do I breathe.
Had to vent, this job hunting thing reeks!!

ruaround

banks don't just hire any Joe Schmoe off the street...there is still more to come in the consideration process i.e. a back ground check, U A, etc. etc. ...
Good Luck though!!!
Job hunting isn't fun at all, especially when you can't find anything you might be interested in!!!

bluegirl

Thanks! Oh, believe me I know that they'll dig into my background and I don't mind. I wouldn't have applied if I wouldn't be able to clear the background checks. I wish it didn't take so long. I'm just whiney and frustrated that the wheels of employment don't turn faster. I've got to get out of this house. LOL

takia

You have to be bondable.... Basically they do a more VERY detailed background chec. The bib thing now is if you have anything negative on your credit report be prepared to take care of it or be able to explain any delinquencies that you may have.. I work for BMW, and since we not have financial opperations here we had to take these classes on what they look for in bonding people, so if you have any questions let me know.

bluegirl

Thanks, I don't have any negative items or deliquincies, I'm a stickler about paying on time. Thanks for the info.