July 4 Festivities

drew2005

Anyone have any pics of their July 4 fireworks stash? Just got a whole bunch of stuff for my lil party. Just gotta take a nice pic of it all.

bronco300

Indiana has made the artillery shell/etc fireworks legal this year
i bought some last year buy1get1..think i might have to again....sad to see my money go so fast though,lol

drew2005

Originally Posted by Bronco300
Indiana has made the artillery shell/etc fireworks legal this year
i bought some last year buy1get1..think i might have to again....sad to see my money go so fast though,lol
Nothing is legal here. Kinda sucks. Had to drive out of state and sneak some stuff back. Ill have pics up of everything tomm.
I cant wait to light this stuff off.

emperor11

I know what you're saying. A ton of fireworks are illegal too. But, me and my brother in law are gonna shoot a ton of 'em off out in the country where they live. There aren't too many cops around there. We should be good.

bbb

I don't know if ours are legal or not but we got some last summer in South Carolina when we were coming home from Florida. We have some left and I'm sure we'll shoot some of them off. Even if they are illegal we live far enough out of town that nobody really cares.

johnbob

I might buy some fireworks this year but I had a bad experience last year. I lived in dallas texas for 13 years and just moved up to ohio in october. It was sunday july 3rd last summer and me and my friend nathan set off some fireworks in a wooded area behind our neighborhood next to a new mall. It was about 100 degrees and a ball from a roman candle caught some tall grass on fire. We filled up water bottles in a small creek nearby and tried to put it out as fast as we could but eventually it spread and starting hitting trees. We then had to call 911 and reported the fire. We had a box of fireworks and hid them as best as we could away from the fire. I was sure they would call me back and try to find out who had started it but suprisingly they didn't. We even went back the next day and they didn't even take our fireworks. I was scared the fire would be near impossible to put out as quick as they did because you can't get a fire truck to that area so they had to bring water down with them. So this year I'll definitely be a lot more careful.

lovethesea

Don't want to show our "stash" yet........ :scared:
A guy my hubby works with orders a truck (literally a trucload) of fireworks. He passes around an order form and we place our order. This stuff is C R A Z Y. Fortunatly my sis in law lives pretty far out and not heavily populated and fireworks are leagal. Needless to say we will be busy for a few hours.
I will try to open a few boxes and take some pics. ***)

emmitt

This is the most of last years, this years is almost twice as big. We take the 4th seriously here in the sticks of Davie!

emmitt

You'd be surprised! Theres alot of buy 1 get 2 frees in there, not to mention freebies for being a good customer or spendind a certain amount. You'd be amazed how much free stuff they will give you if you go shopping in october or february, you may be the only customer all week!
That being said, i still spent a decent amount on all that but well worth it!

jhill5

I love this thread. Here are pics from last years order, this is about 1000 pounds. This years is on the way and it is almost double at 1800 pounds. I order online and buy them by the case, it is amazing how much cheaper things are by the case.
Everyone becareful and have a great 4th.

emmitt

Nice stash!!! Its sad how many of those boxes i recognize!, lol
jhill, will they let you mix and match wholesale?
My place will let me mix and match so i pay a little more than wholesale but still get to buy by the case and mix the freebies.

drew2005

Nice stashes! Wish i had the extra money this year to spend. Unfortunately this is all i could get this year. Plus a friend of mine is coming with stuff he picked up in PA. Here is my stuff. Total spent was $1000(retail).

emmitt

Nice stash but $1000!!! Ouch! My stash only cost that.
Do you get buy 1 get 1 free at least drew? My local store(phantom) has great bonuses for spending 250 or 500, the other (sky King), the manager gives me tons of free stuff when i shop there in february plus buy 1 get 2 free on all 500 gram repeaters in february and march

p.s.- just found them this year, Thunderstick Rockets they are called. Dont really like rockets much but these are AWESOME!! Great lift, INSANE explosion!!!(like an old cherry bomb, if ya ever had a real one). 6 for $10. I broke 1 off the stick, drilled a hole in a coconut to see how strong it was. The coconut was blown into literally a million pieces. Try and get them before they get banned( they definitely will by next year, ill bet).

drew2005

Originally Posted by emmitt
Nice stash but $1000!!! Ouch! My stash only cost that.
Do you get buy 1 get 1 free at least drew? My local store(phantom) has great bonuses for spending 250 or 500, the other (sky King), the manager gives me tons of free stuff when i shop there in february plus buy 1 get 2 free on all 500 gram repeaters in february and march

p.s.- just found them this year, Thunderstick Rockets they are called. Dont really like rockets much but these are AWESOME!! Great lift, INSANE explosion!!!(like an old cherry bomb, if ya ever had a real one). 6 for $10. I broke 1 off the stick, drilled a hole in a coconut to see how strong it was. The coconut was blown into literally a million pieces. Try and get them before they get banned( they definitely will by next year, ill bet).
Yea i know man. $1000 is alot for such little stuff. I live in NY so everything is illegal. I drove to Connecticut to get all this stuff. This would have cost me $2500++ from someone local. The place i went to was actually very good. For every $1000 you spend you get 20% free. So i spent $1000 and really got $1200. Which isnt too bad. With the extra $200 i grabbed 4 more 500g cakes. I read about those rockets. It said theres a recall or ban on them. Im not a big fan of rockets either. Back in the day i used to buy the 1 pound rockets and thought they were awesome.
Im more into shells. Big, loud breaks.

emmitt

Its amazing how bad most people get ripped off at fireworks stores here in florida. every day of the year except July 1-4, they are buy 1 get 1 free or buy 1 get 1 for 99 cents( for anything in the store). You go in and the place is empty all year. July 1-4, they literally have police directing traffic and lines a mile long. These people all pay full price and get no freebies for spending over 250, 500 etc.. They never catch on that if they come a week earlier, they can get twice as much

My friend spent $3200 on july 3rd last year and got way less than what i did for under $1000.

emmitt

Originally Posted by drew2005
I need to move to Florida.

Better hurry, they are talking about banning them!! It's ridiculous, most of the state is rural so why ban them??? We have the right to bear arms but a firecracker is to dangerous?!?!?

threed240

Good Lord! Do you guy's get investigated for buying that much explosives! Anyone notice a large white van outside their house?

emperor11

I don't think it should be illegal at all..I never understood this. When we won the Revolutionary War, what did we do? We set off fireworks. Yep. And what did we do after the Boston Tea Party? We set off fireworks. I, personally, think that to outlaw fireworks, is to take away our country's heritage. The problem is, some people are stupid, and try to set them off right in the middle of a large city. We probably wouldn't even have a problem if people would just use common sense. But, who am I to think that humans have common sense?
I think the government should impose regulations, and rules, but not bans. I don't know, I guess its just my opinion.