Jumbo Hawaiian Cleaner Shrimp??

alvin

G'afternoon SWF people,
I was at my LFS, and it looks like they have these big Cleaner Shrimp, which they labeled as "Jumbo Hawaiin Cleaner Shrimp." Is there such a thing or are they just trying to earn an extra $5 compared to their regular sized Skunk Cleaner Shrimps. ($25 for Jumbo, $20 for regular)
Thanks!

aquaknight

There are only two types of "Skunk Cleaner Shrimp," that I am aware of, Lysmata amboinensis and Lysmata grabhami. The difference is the grabhami lacks the white spots at the end of the tail the amboinensis has. They both reach the same max size of about 2 3/4". A "Jumbo" just sounds like a big one, not a different species. (And for $5, a smoking deal).

alvin

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2696104
There are only two types of "Skunk Cleaner Shrimp," that I am aware of, Lysmata amboinensis and Lysmata grabhami. The difference is the grabhami lacks the white spots at the end of the tail the amboinensis
has. They both reach the same max size of about 2 3/4". A "Jumbo" just sounds like a big one, not a different species. (And for $5, a smoking deal).

It's actually an EXTRA $5. So that Jumbo Hawaiian Shrimp would be $25, the regular size would be $20. Hmmm... I'll shop around i guess. I'm going to do a water change today, so maybe next week I'll opt for a Cleaner Shrimp, and possibly a Tang.

alvin

Yah, I just find it funny that they put that. they could have just said Large cleaner Shrimp. But they add the Jumbo Hawaiian part to sound more expensive possibly