jumping back in.

drtito

I am losing interest in my tank ,not paying as much attention to it as I once did.
What can I do to regain the focus?

hunt

well, i had the same thing happen to me, and just for no reason i am suddenly obsessed with it
I guess it was becuase i sorta had a revelation type thing. I was looking through the coraline algea all over the front glass so thick tou could barely see through it and i hadnt done a water change in a few months and i was looking at my clownfish thinking, i bought this to enjoy it and im not because i can barely see through it. So i thought deeply about getting rid of it and one day i thought how would i feel if i was in there, so i grabbed a razor and scrapped away for hours at the algea, when i was done i saw that i had horribly sick corals like zoas and shrooms so that was next. I saved the shrooms but i was too late for the zoas. Next i noticed i had a horrible aiptasia problem so i took half of my LR, put it in hot water and killed the rock wich caused an ammonia spike which killed my two day old royal gramma but after many water changes fixed that and now my aiptasia is under control. For some reason after all of that i havnt lost interest, if anything ive gained interest and im makeing weeky trips to the LFS.
My advise would be give it time and youll gain interest in it one way or another. Maybe try rearanging stuff, getting something new, something to help you get out of that rut your in.

xcali1985

Probably need to go in and re aquascape the tank, give it a "make over" or such and see if that strikes something, Ive only been in this thing for about 10 months now and I don't look at my tank as much anymore, but I continue to go online and research as I see new corals at the LFS, which I visit weekly just to keep up on what is available in the market.

flower

New works for me!
New coral
new fish
new gadget
new camera to take pictures to share
I can't touch my rocks I have stuff (different corals) growing on everything.
No room, start a new tank

Frag what you have to sell, so you can make room for more....sell the livestock and get other critters.

drtito

Ya i had let the tank go , was putting my attention else where (girls), not too dirty but needs a good once over and large water change.
I will try to add something new that should work, and keep my mind at work.
thanks guys and flower.